Be Still and Know ~ 07
|date & time||7 Sep 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 45min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 0h 18min. Quality: not so good. Incomplete: missing Q1, Q3 - Q4 and Osho leaving. Present: Osho arriving and Q2.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: n/a; questions are being read by Osho himself.
- Question 1 from Sw Anand Suresh
- Osho, I know that you love contradictions. A lot of it I can accept now as two sides of one coin. But today after lecture some questions still arose.
- On the one side you say the good and the bad are two sides of the same coin and both have to be and the one can't be without the other. On the other side you want to create a better world with your sannyasins.
- On the one side you tell us not to think in terms of the future. On the other side you are talking about the coming Third world war.
- On the one side you tell us not to wish anything. On the other side it seems you want to avoid the Third world war.
- On the one side you say things are okay as they are, there is no goal, nothing to achieve, to change. On the other side: What are you doing here? What are we doing here?
- I can feel there is an answer, but I can't point it out. Can you?
- Question 2 from Maria
- Osho, I have been so much conditioned as a Catholic that I see no hope for myself: Can you still help me?
- Question 3 from Sarjano
- Osho, once I thought about energy as if energy was mine and I liked to think that I had a lot of energy. Now I have realized that I am only a passage, a medium, a vehicle for the energy of the divine. So how come that sometimes I am so full of energy and overflowing from each pore, feeling that it is impossible to contain that much and I will explode -- and after a few hours I am empty with no energy even to say that I would like to have more energy? Is there no way to keep the flow of energy constant? And again, sometimes I feel such appetite for life that literally I am going around hugging everybody, and I would like to hug trees and stars and flowers, and then after a few hours I feel that life is no longer worth living and it is only out of respect for life that I don't kill myself. But I start asking God, "Please, take back your life -- it is too painful and boring." Is there some relation between these phenomena? Would you please talk more about energy?
- Question 4 from Satya
- Osho, are all enlightened masters rascals like you? To me, your rascaliness is even more predominant than your joke-telling. Are you trying to trick us all into enlightenment.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|