Sw Satya Anand
First Physical Meeting with Osho: 1975
Sannyasin since 1995
An Indonesian national of Indian descent, Satya Anand aka Anand Krishna is acclaimed as a “phenomenon” by both critics and supporters. His critics wonder, “What makes him popular? There is nothing extraordinary about him.” His supporters appreciate his passion for promoting peace among different sections of society, and acclaim: “He comes from The Source of All Wisdom.”
Born in Solo, Central Java, on the 1st of September 1956, Anand had his early education in Lucknow, North India, where he met his first spiritual mentor, Sheikh Baba. The saint was a simple ice vendor unknown beyond the area he lived in, but he played a major role in the “making” of Anand Krishna who was already familiar with Sufi poetry and teachings of Shah Abdul Latief of Sindh, through his father, Tolaram.
Working while studying, Anand Krishna earned his Master’s degree from a reputable university and was at the top of his career as Director and Shareholder of a Garment Factory in Indonesia, when he fell ill. Medical diagnosis showed acute Leukemia. Thus, in 1991, at age 35, Anand faced certain death.
After months of suffering, a mysterious meeting with a Tibetan Lama in the Himalayas, and a miraculous recovery from his illness, Anand decided to devote his life to sharing his joy, peace, love and healing.
In the last 18 years, Anand has spoken to millions through television shows, radio talks, in-house trainings, books, newspaper interviews and articles, as well as daily meetings and workshops held at Anand Ashram (affiliated with United Nations), One Earth Retreat Center, Anand Krishna Center and Graha Indonesia, the four centers of meditation established by him in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, the suburban city of Bogor, the palatial ancient city of Yogyakarta, and the beautiful island of Bali.
He has also inspired several popular movements and Centers for Self Development, among others:
1. The National Integration Movement, with almost 30 branches all over Indonesia and overseas representation, including one in the Middle East.
2. Forum Kebangkitan Jiwa (Forum for Revival of The Human Spirit) – which has given free Self Development Programs to more than 25,000 teachers within last 4 years.
3. Anand Krishna Centres in many major cities.
4. L’Ayurveda Center for Holistic Healing and Inner Beauty in Jakarta and Bali.
5. AK Global Co-Operation, a national co-operative society with branches in several cities.
6. California Bali Friendship Association
7. Brazil Indonesia Friendship Association
8. Tibet Indonesia Friendship Association
9. Secret Garden of The Divine Mother, Dedicated to Healing Mother Earth and All Her Children, located in Kuta (Bali).
10. AK Education Foundation, First Interfaith School in Bali.
11. Bali Dvipa Charitable Clinic in Bali.
12. Ibu Pertiwi Reading Room in Bali.
13. AK Cultural Center in Surakarta (Central Java).
14. Regular Free Medical and Trauma Relief Camps
Anand has appeared on all major National Medias, several Regional Medias – both Print and Electronic. He has a weekly column in one of the Major Print Medias, and monthly TV as well as Radio Shows - both on Bali Island. He also writes regularly for several other medias nationwide.
In Jakarta, his 13-episode serial on “Q” and “Swara” TV Channels, entitled “Building Indonesia Anew with Anand Krishna” was a great success. And, so was the second season, entitled “Building The World Anew with Anand Krishna”.
Among other prominent members of Indonesian Society, those who have appeared on these shows are the 4th President of Indonesia, HE Abdurrachman Wahid; Governor Mangku Pastika of Bali Bombing Case Fame; Sultan of Yogyakarta; HE Ambassador of Australia for Indonesia; Several MPs, Artists, etcetera.
However, his most outstanding contribution and legacy are his more than 130 books published within the last 12 years, with more than a million copies sold all over Indonesia.
Recently, one of his thirteen titles in English, “Voice of Indonesia”, was released in California and discussed on the Campus Radio of the University of California at Santa Barbara.
English Language Books written by Anand:
1. Soul Quest - Journey from Death to Immortality
2. Life - A Traveler’s Guide to Journey within
3. Voice of Indonesia (Compilation of Media Essays)*
4. Christ of Kashmiris*
5. Sufi Solution to World’s Problems*
6. Tri Hita Karana: Ancient Balinese Wisdom for Neo Humans*
7. From Bali to Belo Horizonte: In Pursuit of the Indigenous Wisdom of Sundaland and South America to Save Our Planet*
8. One Earth One Sky One Humankind – Celebrating Unity in Divirsity
Bilingual (English Original with Indonesian Translation)
Thoughts for Contemplation:
9. A Date with Life: Words of Wisdom
10. The Gospel of Mahamaya: Short Messages of Love from the Mother of Universe*
11. The Fool: a Mad Man’s Travelogue*
12. The Gospel of Obama*
13. The Gospel of Michael Jackson*
The Sufi Teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan:
14. Gayan - The Song of the Soul
15. Vadan - The Symphony of God
16. Nirtan - The Dance of the Soul
17. The Hanuman Factor: Life Lessons from the Most Successful Spiritual CEO
18. The Yoga of Jesus
19. The Gospel of Soekarno
20. The Wisdom of Bali
Plus 112 books in Bahasa Indonesia
(* Published by One Earth Media/Anand Krishna Global Co-Operation.
All other titles by Gramedia Pustaka Utama)
- Anand Ashram
- Jl. Sunter Mas Barat II-E, Block H-10/1
- Jakarta 14350
- websites and blogs
- Anand Ashram Online
- Anand Krishna Global Co-Operation
- Aumkar - Anand Krishna's Writings
- California Bali Friendship Association
- Brazil Indonesia Friendship Association
- Tibet Indonesia Friendship Association
- One Earth Media
- One Earth Radio
- The National Integration Movement