And the Flowers Showered ~ 01
|date & time||31 Oct 1974 am|
|location||Lao Tzu balcony, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 28min. Quality: good, but a sutra muffled.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Subhuti was one of Buddha's disciples. He was able to understand the potency of emptiness -- the viewpoint that nothing exists except in its relationship of subjectivity and objectivity.
- One day, when Subhuti was sitting under a tree in a mood of sublime emptiness, flowers began to fall around him.
- 'We are praising you for your discourse on emptiness,' the gods whispered to him.
- 'But I have not spoken of emptiness,' said Subhuti.
- 'You have not spoken of emptiness, we have not heard emptiness,' responded the gods. 'This is true emptiness.'
- And blossoms showered upon Subhuti like rain.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|