Beyond Enlightenment ~ 29
|date & time||1 Nov 1986 pm|
|location||Sumila, Juhu, Bombay|
|audio||Available, duration 2h 2min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 2h 6min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, research over the past few years has suggested that certain states of consciousness brought about by meditation techniques appear to evoke specific brainwave patterns. These states are now being created by electronic and auditory stimulation of the brain, and they can be learned through biofeedback.
- The traditional 'meditative state' -- sitting silently (or at least quietly alert) is composed of bilateral, synchronous alpha waves. Deeper meditation also has bilateral theta waves. A state called 'lucid awareness' has the bilateral synchronous alpha and theta waves of deep meditation, plus the beta waves of normal thought processes. 'Lucid awareness' can be learned through biofeedback, using the most modern equipment.
- Are these kinds of stimulation and biofeedback useful tools for the meditator? What is the relationship of these technological techniques to the meditation beyond technique? Is this an example of bringing science together with meditation?
- I would like to experiment with these new technologies -- both personally in my own meditation, and professionally in my work as a physician. Do I have your blessings?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, the communes of Mahavira and Buddha survived even after their lifetimes, but your communes are not surviving in your lifetime although they are self-sufficient.
- Does survival of communes depend on social structure, affluence of the society, prevalent religions, or national and international politics? Please comment.
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, the most powerful experience in my life is the love that I feel for you. It's like a shower that cleanses my soul and fills my heart with gratitude.
- But still I keep searching for something else, as if there is a secret you haven't shared with me yet. Is this crazy love affair between us really and truly all that is needed? Why am I not satisfied with this experience?
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, you are really something -- talking about "beyond enlightenment" when most of us are not beyond pettiness, futility and postponement!
- Do you believe in miracles or something? (Perhaps love?)
- Question 5 from Prasad
- Beloved Osho, what is needed to not miss you?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|