Beyond Psychology ~ 12
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|18 Apr 1986 am
|Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay
|Available, duration 1h 31min. Quality: good.
|Available, duration 1h 30min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, when I hear you speaking of your vision, I can't help but feel that those few daring people around you will live to experience the new man. But it feels more like a hundred years away before man at large will come to see and live the genius of your ways. Is this true?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, nothing thrills me more than when you speak about nirvana. How mysterious it is that I can long for something so much that I don't know and you can't say. The word itself is still unpolluted and so wondrous. On the other hand, I noticed the other week that we now have "enlightened" insurance policies!
- Would you please thrill my heart once more?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, the anecdote you told about Mulla Nasruddin and the sack of sugar pinpointed the reason for my occasional resistance to being told what to do. When Nasruddin's father saw what was happening to the sugar, he need only have made his son aware of it, without providing a solution. Having had the situation pointed out to him, the Mulla, if he had any intelligence -- and it seems he had his fair share -- could have immediately seen what was needed to be done and acted accordingly. But his father did not allow him the chance to think it out for himself.
- To encourage people to use their intelligence and initiative seems to be a creative way of putting one's authority into action.
- I would be grateful for your comment.
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, are we really looking for the answer to our numerous questions? It occurs to me there must be, for each of us present here, one question that characterizes us, and which, if we could just pinpoint it, would act like a beacon. Then that question would be enough in itself and without the need for an answer.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►