Bhaj Govindam ~ 01
भजगोविन्दम् मूढ़मते ~ 01
|date & time||11 Nov 1975 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 44min. Quality: good (under revision).|
|online text||find a PDF transcript of this event|
- The sutra
- Oh idiot! Sing the song of the divine, sing the song of the divine, sing the song of the divine, because at the time of death the memorization of grammar will not save you.
- Oh idiot! Drop the desire of accumulating wealth, awaken right understanding, make the mind desireless and be contented and happy with whatsoever you gain through your own labor.
- Do not be infatuated by the beauty, the breasts, the navel and the waistline of a woman. These are nothing but contortions of flesh and fat -- contemplate upon this again and again.
- Life is as transient and unstable as a droplet on the lotus leaf. Understand it well that the world is suffering from the disease of ego and is wounded by sorrows.
- The family takes interest in you only as long as you are capable of earning money. As old age comes and the body becomes decrepit, no one in the house even bothers about you.
- Only as long as there is life in the body, do the people in the family care for you. The life gone out, the body fallen lifeless, even one's own wife is afraid of that body.
- A child is obsessed in playing games, a young man is obsessed in young women, the old are obsessed with worries. Man never turns towards the divine.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|