Biblija Radzhnisha (Библия Раджниша) (series)
- These books are translated from the English original The Rajneesh Bible (series), a collection of Osho's discourses in Rajneeshpuram and during the World Tour.
- Vivek was just asking me, "Why are your discourses called `The Rajneesh Bible`?"
- They are called "The Bible" just to make it clear to the whole world the "bible" simply means the book, it does not mean the holy book. That's why you say "bibliography". Is there anything holy in a bibliography? A bibliography simply means a list of books. It is really just "the book", and I want it to be clear to the whole world that a bible has nothing to do with holiness.
- (Osho, From Darkness to Light, Ch.13, 13 Mar 1985)
- Even in the English originals, only the first four volumes were ever published under the name Rajneesh Bible. When Osho arrived back in India after his talks in Uruguay in 1986, "Rajneesh Bible" was dropped even as a concept. As the "series" progressed, they got to be out of synch with the volumes they eventually became, with Vol 7 not entirely covering Death to Deathlessness and Vol 8 overlapping that and Bondage to Freedom and so on. Thus, the Russian vol #s do not completely correspond to the English ones but are more sensibly arranged relative to actual published books. See The Bible and its Talk page for more detail on other anomalies in Bible nomenclature.