Communism and Zen Fire ~ 01
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||30 Jan 1989 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 2h 26min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 2:06:41.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 2h 26min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- In this discourse, Osho answers questions of a Russian TV team making a documentary: Russian TV Documentary (1989).
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Yakusan asked a monk, "Where do you come from?"
- "From Nansen," was the reply.
- "How long were you there?" Yakusan continued.
- "From last winter to summer," replied the monk.
- "Then you must have become a good ox," commented Yakusan.
- The monk said, "The thing is, I was there, but I didn't even go to the dining hall."
- "But you cannot get by just through breathing the wind!" Yakusan commented.
- "It was not that bad, Osho," said the monk. "There is surely a man who will hold a spoon for me."
- On another occasion, Yakusan was returning to his temple with a bundle of firewood when a monk asked him, "Where have you been?"
- Yakusan replied, "I've got firewood."
- The monk pointed to Yakusan's sword and said, "It makes the sound 'tap-tap'. What in the world is it?"
- At this the master unsheathed the sword and assumed a warrior's stance.
- Question 1
- You have dedicated a book to Gorbachev. Since you are against politicians, is this a contradiction?
- Question 2
- As a religious leader, you are above human hurts, but do you criticize America and Christianity so much because you feel hurt?
- Question 3
- You once said in a discourse that Lenin was against marriage and wanted to dissolve the family.
- In reality, Lenin always followed Engels in saying that the family is the nucleus.
- Question 4
- What would you do if you went to the Soviet Union?
- Question 5
- Our Beloved Master, is not the urge to understand, actually the urge to become one -- both inwardly and with our outer world?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|