Dang Dang Doko Dang ~ 09
|date & time||19 Jun 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 43min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Ho-shan used to give the following sermon: 'To discipline ourselves in learning, is called hearing; to reach a point where any more learning no more avails, is called approaching. When one goes beyond these two stages he is said to have truly transcended.'
- Once a monk asked: 'What then is truly transcending?'
- Without uttering a word Ho-shan motioned as if beating a drum, saying: 'Dang, dang, doko dang, doko dang.'
- To all such questions Ho-shan's answer was always the same: 'Dang, dang, doko dang, doko dang.'
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|