Essay Competition (निबंध प्रतियोगिता)
In its issue of June 1969, Jyoti Shikha published a notice about an "essay competition", sponsored by Jeevan Jagriti Kendra in Ahmedabad. This notice outlined what the competition was about and rules and procedures; a rough translation follows:
- 1. For anyone, the subject is: Without religion and life revolution, man and society can never be peaceful. Total words 1500. This essay should be prepared on the literature of Acharya Shree Rajneesh publications from Jeevan Jagriti Kendra and articles published in Jyoti Shikha. First prize is of Rs. 251, second of Rs. 101 and third winner will get a set of Acharya Shree's books.
- 2. Only for Students, the subject is Acharya Rajneesh ji’s Krantibeej or Sinhanad or the entire published articles summary in 500 words. The first winner will get a prize of Rs. 101, second Rs. 51 and third will get a set of Acharya Shree's books.
- 3. Essay can be written in Gujarati, Hindi or English.
- 4. Essay should be typed in 3 copies and using only one side of the paper.
- 5. Entry fee for submission of essay is Rs.1. It can be sent through money order or cash.
- 6. It can be sent to Jeevan Jagriti Kendra, Ahmedabad.
- 7. It should reach by 30.7.1969
- 8. Results would be announced on 15.9.1969. Results would be published in newspaper and winners notified by post at their address.
The bottom photo is of Ma Yoga Geeta receiving a set of books from Osho as a prize. The other photos, taken around that time, suggest that the essays could also have been narrated in front of Osho.