Jeremiah Films - Fear Is the Master (1983)
- Osho has been demonized during his lifetime, and this film may be the ultimate peak of that: a stream of intentional misrepresentation and systematic tendentiousness.
- Osho and sannyas is framed as Jim Jones and Jonestown, and as Hitler and the Nazism, with smartly suggestive visuals and misquotes.
- The film was produced by Patrick Matrisciana, founder of Jeremiah Films , which produced all manner of right wing "Christian" and political conspiracy films.
- Just listen to it's official web page:
- We see how Rajneesh combines an eerie charisma with scientific mind control techniques to make his disciples psychically dependent on him.
- In this hard-hitting cinematic document, ex-followers reveal secrets of life under the domination of India's infamous free sex guru, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, self-proclaimed God of the Universal. :::We see how Rajneesh combines an eerie charisma with scientific mind control techniques to make his disciples psychically dependent on him.
- For the guru, this web of control means a regal lifestyle (he had nearly a hundred Rolls-Royces at his disposal). But for his followers, called sannyasins, living in the shadow of the Master means giving up family ties, working eighteen hours a day, seven days a week, for no pay and always being available to satisfy the sexual whims of the gurus hierarchy.
- Wielding millions of dollars with an iron fist, Rajneesh and his henchmen built a 100 square-mile separate state in rural Oregon, U.S.A. complete with a highly armed sannyasin security force. Like the tragic residents of Jonestown, the inhabitants of Rancho Rajneesh were taught to fear law enforcement officers and other outsiders. While tension and paranoia simmered, Rajneesh’s teachings offered the cynical consolation that, a bullet-ridden death can often accomplish what a life could not.
- The world has heard the Rajneesh credo at other times, other places, from other tyrants. Might is right, hisses the bearded Master to his half a million fanatical devotees, that rule still remains the rule of the jungle.
- FEAR IS THE MASTER is a stark and uncompromising warning, a shocking reminder that if we do not learn from history we will be condemned to repeat it.
- (Most of that is unquestioningly copied to the IMDB listing.)
- The film is available on YouTube in 4 parts, and also in many cut-up versions, on many different accounts.
- 1983 (?)or 1987 (according to it's website)
- 1 h 02 min
- Jeremiah Films
- OshoFilmArchive catalog no : OFA00,070
- Official page at Jeremiah Films
- On IMDB
- On Osho Film Festival
- Rajneesh Cult exposed (1 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals)
Rajneesh Cult exposed (2 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Sick rituals)
Rajneesh Cult exposed (3 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals)
Rajneesh Cult exposed (4 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals)
still Part 2 - 07min 47sec. "Others, like Shannon Jo Ryan, are used to illicit political support. Shannon Jo Ryan's father, congressman Leo Ryan, was murdered at Jonestown. Today, as Ma Amrita Pritam, she seems oblivious to any similarity between her master and Jim Jones. Her description of Rajneesh is chilling"