Jeremiah Films - Fear Is the Master (1983)
- Osho has been demonized during his lifetime, and this film may be the ultimate peak of that: a stream of intentional misrepresentation and systematic tendentiousness.
- Osho and sannyas is framed as Jim Jones and Jonestown, and as Hitler and the Nazism, with smartly suggestive visuals and misquotes.
- The film was produced by Patrick Matrisciana, founder of Jeremiah Films , which produced all manner of right wing "Christian" and political conspiracy films.
- Just listen to it's official web page:
- We see how Rajneesh combines an eerie charisma with scientific mind control techniques to make his disciples psychically dependent on him.
- In this hard-hitting cinematic document, ex-followers reveal secrets of life under the domination of India's infamous free sex guru, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, self-proclaimed God of the Universal.
- For the guru, this web of control means a regal lifestyle (he had nearly a hundred Rolls-Royces at his disposal). But for his followers, called sannyasins, living in the shadow of the Master means giving up family ties, working eighteen hours a day, seven days a week, for no pay and always being available to satisfy the sexual whims of the gurus hierarchy.
- Wielding millions of dollars with an iron fist, Rajneesh and his henchmen built a 100 square-mile separate state in rural Oregon, U.S.A. complete with a highly armed sannyasin security force. Like the tragic residents of Jonestown, the inhabitants of Rancho Rajneesh were taught to fear law enforcement officers and other outsiders. While tension and paranoia simmered, Rajneesh’s teachings offered the cynical consolation that, a bullet-ridden death can often accomplish what a life could not.
- The world has heard the Rajneesh credo at other times, other places, from other tyrants. Might is right, hisses the bearded Master to his half a million fanatical devotees, that rule still remains the rule of the jungle.
- FEAR IS THE MASTER is a stark and uncompromising warning, a shocking reminder that if we do not learn from history we will be condemned to repeat it.
- (Most of that is unquestioningly copied to the IMDB listing.)
- The film is available on YouTube in 4 parts, and also in many cut-up versions, on many different accounts.
- 1983 (?)or 1987 (according to it's website)
- 1 h 02 min
- Jeremiah Films
- OshoFilmArchive catalog no : OFA00,070
- Official page at Jeremiah Films
- On IMDB
- On Osho Film Festival
- Rajneesh Cult exposed (1 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals)
- Rajneesh Cult exposed (2 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals)
- Rajneesh Cult exposed (3 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals)
- Rajneesh Cult exposed (4 of 4). A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Sick rituals)
- All 4 parts:
- Publisher: Little Whore Records, 6,12K subscribers (on 2020-03-07)
- Published: Apr 16-17, 2016
- Part 1: tNLjDKcadv8, 83,405 views (on 2020-03-08), title: Rajneesh Cult exposed. A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals) PT 1/4
- This is an part 1 of 4 from a very rare documentary called FEAR IS THE MASTER. This movie is very hard to find and is not even listed on IMDB. Taken from my VHS I bought in 1985.
- Osho, born Chandra Mohan Jain (Hindi: चन्द्र मोहन जैन) (11 December 1931 -- 19 January 1990), also known as Acharya Rajneesh from the 1960s onwards, as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh during the 1970s and 1980s and as Osho from 1989, was an Indian mystic and spiritual teacher who garnered an international following.
- A professor of philosophy, he travelled throughout India in the 1960s as a public speaker. His outspoken criticism of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi and institutionalised religion made him controversial. He also advocated a more open attitude towards sexuality, a stance that earned him the sobriquet "sex guru" in the Indian and later the international press. In 1970 he settled for a while in Mumbai. He began initiating disciples (known as neo-sannyasins) and took on the role of a spiritual teacher. In his discourses, he reinterpreted writings of religious traditions, mystics and philosophers from around the world. Moving to Pune in 1974, he established an ashram that attracted increasing numbers of Westerners. The ashram offered therapies derived from the Human Potential Movement to its Western audience and made news in India and abroad, chiefly because of its permissive climate and Osho's provocative lectures. By the end of the 1970s, there were mounting tensions with the Indian government and the surrounding society.
- In 1981, Osho relocated to the United States and his followers established an intentional community, later known as Rajneeshpuram, in the state of Oregon. Within a year the leadership of the commune became embroiled in a conflict with local residents, primarily over land use, which was marked by hostility on both sides. Osho's large collection of Rolls-Royce automobiles was also notorious. The Oregon commune collapsed in 1985 when Osho revealed that the commune leadership had committed a number of serious crimes, including a bioterror attack (food contamination) on the citizens of The Dalles. Osho was arrested shortly afterwards and charged with immigration violations. He was deported from the United States in accordance with a plea bargain. Twenty-one countries denied him entry, causing Osho to travel the world before returning to Pune, where he died in 1990. His ashram is today known as the Osho International Meditation Resort.
- His syncretic teachings emphasise the importance of meditation, awareness, love, celebration, creativity and humour -- qualities that he viewed as being suppressed by adherence to static belief systems, religious tradition and socialisation. His teachings have had a notable impact on Western New Age thought, and their popularity has increased markedly since his death.
- Part 2: _Itkz-OdvCA, 938,320 views (on 2020-03-08), title: Rajneesh Cult exposed. A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals) PT 2/4
- This is an part 2 of 4 from a very rare documentary called FEAR IS THE MASTER. This movie is very hard to find and is not even listed on IMDB. Taken from my VHS I bought in 1985.
- Part 3: vLUen-1zyQE, 217,196 views (on 2020-03-08), title: Rajneesh Cult exposed. A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals) PT 3/4
- This is an part 3 of 4 from a very rare documentary called FEAR IS THE MASTER. This movie is very hard to find and is not even listed on IMDB. Taken from my VHS I bought in 1985.
- Part 4: mWh2brWKA-I, 177,646 views (on 2020-03-08), title: Rajneesh Cult exposed. A.K.A. the Disco Sex Guru (Weird rituals) PT 4/4
- This is an part 4 of 4 from a very rare documentary called FEAR IS THE MASTER. This movie is very hard to find and is not even listed on IMDB. Taken from my VHS I bought in 1985.
still Part 2 - 07min 47sec. "Others, like Shannon Jo Ryan, are used to illicit political support. Shannon Jo Ryan's father, congressman Leo Ryan, was murdered at Jonestown. Today, as Ma Amrita Pritam, she seems oblivious to any similarity between her master and Jim Jones. Her description of Rajneesh is chilling"