Jin Khoja Tin Paiyan ~ 19
Jump to navigation Jump to search
जिन खोजा तिन पाइयां ~ 19
|date & time
|12 Jul 1970 pm
|CCI Chambers, Bombay
|Available, duration 1h 29min. Quality: good.
|find a PDF of this event
- See In Search of the Miraculous, Vol 2 for a view on all editions.
- Description of this chapter in The Mystic Experience (1977) #18: Text of a discourse given in Bombay, India (Hindi). Chapter title: Occult Depths of Kundalini and Spirituality"
In In Search of the Miraculous, Vol 2 (1984 / 1992) #9: the chapter title is: "Occult depths of kundalini and spirituality"
- Question 1
- In the Nargol meditation camp you said that the practices of yoga -- asanas, pranayamas, mudras and bandhas -- were discovered in the state of meditation. In different states of meditation, different postures are formed by the body from which the depth of meditation of the meditator could be told. Conversely, can the same inner state be brought about by forming the necessary postures? In that case, can meditation be attained by the use of various asanas, pranayamas, mudras and bandhas? What is their use and significance?
- Question 2
- In the meditation experiments you are presently conducting, what are the physical and psychic differences brought about by sitting or standing for the experiment?
- Question 3
- Please explain the significance and meaning of the following with respect to the energy of kundalini: prostrating on the ground in obeisance to a holy person, touching his feet with the head or hands, offering worship at holy places, the blessings of a divine person given by touching the head or back of a seeker, the covering of the head by sikhs and Mohammedans on entering the gurudwara or mosque.
- Question 4
- What is the occult significance of the process performed during prana pratishtha, the installation of an idol?
- Question 5
- In some temples, water trickles down naturally over the images. Is this a sign that such a temple is a living temple?
- Question 6
- In spiritual quest, deeksha, initiation, holds a very important place. Its special ceremonies are carried out under special conditions. Buddha and Mahavira used to give initiation. How many types of initiation are there? What is their significance and use and why are they needed?
- Question 7
- You have said that Buddha attained mahaparinirvana, but also that Buddha is to come once again in human form and will be known as Maitreya. How is it possible to take on a human form after reaching nirvana? Please explain this.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series