Just Like That ~ 02
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|2 May 1975 am
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona
|Available, duration 1h 41min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Bahauddin El-shah was sitting with a number of disciples when a number of followers came into the meeting hall. El-shah asked each of them, one by one, to say why he was there.
- The first said: You are the greatest man on earth.
- I gave him a potion when he was ill, so he thinks I am the greatest man on earth, said El-shah.
- The second said: My spiritual life has opened up since I have been allowed to visit you.
- He was uncertain and ill at ease and none would listen to him. I sat with him, and the resultant serenity is called by him his spiritual life, said El-shah.
- The third said: You understand me, and all I ask is that you allow me to hear your discourses for the good of my soul.
- He needs attention and wished to have notice paid to him even if it is criticism, said El-shah. This he calls the good of his soul.
- The fourth said: I went from one to another practicing what they taught. It was not until you gave me a wazifa exercise that I truly felt the illumination of contact with you.
- The exercise I gave this man was a concocted one not related to his spiritual life at all, said El-shah. I had to demonstrate his illusion of spirituality before I could arrive at the part of this man which is really spiritual, not sentimental.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►