Just Like That ~ 04
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|4 May 1975 am
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona
|Available, duration 1h 36min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- A man who was believed to have died and was being prepared for burial, revived. He sat up, but was so shocked at the scene surrounding him that he fainted. He was put in the coffin and the funeral party set off for the cemetery.
- Just as they arrived at the grave he regained consciousness, lifted the lid, and cried out for help.
- It is not possible that he has revived, said the mourners, because he has been certified dead by competent experts.
- But I am alive! Shouted the man. He appealed to a well known and impartial scientist and jurisprudent who was present.
- Just a moment, said the expert. He then turned to the mourners, counting them. Now we have heard what the alleged deceased has had to say. You fifty witnesses tell me what you regard as the truth. He is dead, said the witnesses. Bury him, said the expert.
- And so he was buried.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►