Live Zen ~ 02
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||23 Apr 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 24min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 1:15:03.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 29min. Quality: good, but Osho arriving is inferior.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras and questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
After discourse Osho leads Let-Go Meditation.
- The sutra
- Joshu spoke to the assembly and said, "The real way is not difficult.
- It only abhors choice and attachment.
- With but a single word there may arise choice
- And attachment or there may arise clarity.
- This old monk does not have that clarity.
- Do you appreciate the meaning of this or not?"
- Then a monk asked, "If you do not have that clarity, what do you appreciate?"
- Joshu said, "I do not know that either."
- The monk said, "If you do not know, how can you say that you do not have that clarity?"
- Joshu said, "Asking the question is good enough. Now make your bows and retire."
- Setcho says:
- The real way is not difficult.
- Direct word! Direct speech!
- One with many phases.
- Two with one.
- Far away in the heavens the sun rises, the moon sets;
- Beyond the hills the high mountains, the cold waters.
- The skull has no consciousness, no delight;
- The dead tree sings in the wind, not yet rotten.
- Difficult, difficult!
- Attachment and clarity; watch, and penetrate the secret!
- Question 1
- Osho, in life one continually has to make practical decisions -- about how one will use one's time and energy, with whom one will keep company, what one will eat...
- Is there a difference between making choices, judging and discriminating?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|