LoveOsho podcast E032 Shanti
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 4 December 2018.
- Episode E032: Bringing Osho to seattle
- with Ma Yoga Shanti
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Interested in meditation but unable to sit still, Shanti arrives to Osho in 1973 prepared to fail and be sent away. By practising Osho Active Meditations, not only Shanti discovered how to meditate, but today she runs an Osho meditation centre in Seattle sharing her love for Osho, his meditation techniques and his vision. Shanti is a cheerful lady who has meditated regularly for over 45 years and is inspiring new generations of seekers to find what they are looking for.
- Today our guest is Shanti. Shanti took sannyasin in 1973 and has been part of the Osho community since then. Shanti runs an Osho Meditation centre in her home town Seattle.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Shanti came across Osho
- Shanti wants to meditate but cannot sit still and thought Osho would send her away
- Shanti explains how Osho Active Meditations helped her meditate and how she learnt to sit still
- In 1975 Osho tells Shanti: “when you come home, you will be of great help”
- Shanti goes back home in Seattle and opens an Osho meditation centre
- Shanti talks about the challenges of running an Osho meditation centre
- How Shanti advertises Osho and his meditations
- Shanti talks about new people taking sannyas and shares her own story of taking sannyas
- Shanti learnt to introduce Osho meditations according to the people who come to her events
- Shanti shares why it’s important to meditate daily and have a regular practice
- Shanti’s current projects
- Shanti's morning routine
- Shanti's favourite meditation
- Shanti and Osho today