LoveOsho podcast E034 Amiyo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 18 December 2018.
- Episode E034: The union of movement and stillness
- with Ma Prem Amiyo
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Amiyo was led directly by Osho to discover the world of Guerdjieff movement. This was the beginning of a new chapter in Amiyo’s spiritual journey which blends together the wildness and freedom of dance with the precise and methodical sequence of Gurdjieff movement. In this episode, Amiyo explains the science of Gurdjieff movement, its neurological effects on the brain and talks about her unique approach to teaching a too often misunderstood meditation practice.
- Today our guest is Amiyo Devienne. Amiyo is a dance teacher, choreographer and dance therapist. In 1989 Osho asked Amiyo to study Gurdjieff Movements and for the past 30 years she has been travelling worldwide to share her experience.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Amiyo came across Osho
- How Amiyo got into Gurdjeff movements
- Osho asks Amiyo to create a seminar on Gurdjeff movements
- The path of Osho and the path of Gurdjieff
- How Amiyo brings Osho’s teaching into the Gurdjieff movements practice
- Amiyo explains how to enjoy Gurdjieff movements
- The art of teaching Gurdjieff movement in a relaxed, non-rigid and non-serious way
- Amiyo explains how Gurdjieff movements helps to develop presence and awareness
- Gurdjieff movement is not a therapy, it’s about bringing the mind to a point of stillness
- Gurdjieff movement as an antidote to the rampant digital dependency which causes mind fragmentation and disconnection from the body
- How Amiyo combines free dancing and letting go with the more precise Gurdjieff movement
- Gurdjieff movements and its effects on the brain: it creates new neurological pathways between the left and right sides of the brain
- Amiyo’s projects and activities around the world
- Amiyo's morning routine
- Amiyo's favourite meditation
- Amiyo and Osho today