LoveOsho podcast E056 Leeladhar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 3 September 2019.
- Episode E056: Changing sex to know thyself?
- with Sw Prem Leeladhar
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- A plastic surgeon by profession, Leeladhar used to perform surgery to help people change sex. Osho spoke on a number of occasions about changing sex and jokingly “referred” sannyasins to Leeladhar’s services. After taking sannyas, Leeladhar trained as a psychotherapist and wrote a book dedicated to Osho, which has encountered strong resistance in the scientific community. Leeladhar now lives a private life accepting himself as a “born misfit”.
- Today our guest is Leeladhar. Leeladhar took sannyas in 1977 and is a former plastic surgeon. Leeladhar obtained the medical licence during his time in Rajeenshpuram, Oregon and then trained as a therapist in Switzerland where he currently lives.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Leeladhar came across Osho
- Osho speaks about Leeladhar’s profession in a public discourse in relation to changing sex
- Leeladhar helps people change sex as a plastic surgeon in Zurich
- After taking sannyas Leeladhar realises that plastic surgery is not his path
- Leeladhar moves to Rajeneeshpuram, Oregon, to work in the medical centre as a doctor
- Leeladhar talks about “Pythagoras”, the medical centre in Rajeneeshpuram
- The AIDS crisis of the mid ‘80s
- Osho answers Leeladhar question in a discourse known as the “misfit lecture”
- After India Leeladhar goes back to Europe and trains as a psychotherapist
- Leeladhar talks about his book and present life
- Leeladhar's morning routine
- Leeladhar's favourite meditation
- Leeladhar and Osho today