LoveOsho podcast E058 Deva Peter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 5 October 2019.
- Episode E058: Painting Osho's Rolls-Royces
- with Sw Deva Peter
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- For Deva Peter taking sannyas was like meeting an old friend. He enjoyed a special relationship with Osho which brought him to custom paint the famous Roll-Royces. Due to this job, Deva Peter spent intimate moments with Osho. In this episode, Deva Peter talks about Osho’s passion for driving, how Osho chose the car to drive and how Osho enjoyed getting directly involved in choosing the paint scheme and colour combinations for the cars. Deva Peter’s story is recounted in his book “93 Rolls-Royces”.
- Today our guest is Deva Peter. Peter trained and worked as a professional auto mechanic, welder, boat builder and custom car painter. He took sannyas in 1981 and was invited to the Ranch where he custom painted Osho’s famous Rolls-Royces.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Peter came across Osho
- Taking sannyas is like meeting an old friend
- From “ashram hopper” to Osho
- Peter talks about his job in Rajeeneshpuram: painting Osho’s famous Rolls Royces
- Like a child with a new toy: Osho choses all the paint schemes and combination of colours
- Osho is a very quick driver, you could hardly keep up with him
- How Osho chooses the car to drive
- Osho likes driving with both feet and needs car modification
- Peter talks about an accident happened during one of the drives
- Peter’s view on Osho’s 93 Rolls Royces
- Peter talks about his special relationship with Osho
- Peter talks about the challenging events during his time in Oregon
- Peter talks about Viha Connection
- Peter’s current projects
- Peter's morning routine
- Peter's favourite meditation
- Peter and Osho today