LoveOsho podcast E059 Savita
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 3 December 2019.
- Episode E059: Osho: an inexplicable man
- with Ma Anand Savita
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Savita combines her professional experience as a psychotherapist, her first- hand experience as a sannyasin and her passion for writing in giving life to Osho disciples’ stories. Discussing her 2 books based on interviewing sannyasins, Savita elegantly articulates her understanding of crucial topics such as the relationship between Osho and women, Osho the man behind the public figure and the Master/Disciple relationship. This is a very insightful episode packed with unknown anecdotes.
- Today our guest is Savita. Savita took sannyas in 1976 and is an existential psychotherapist. Savita was involved in editing Osho’s books and is herself author of 2 books.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Savita came across Osho
- How Savita got inspired to write her first book “Encounters with an inexplicable man”
- Savita works with Maneesha on the “Darshan Diaries” producing one book per month
- What Savita learnt about the Master/Disciple relationship by interviewing sannyasins
- Savita talks about the title of the book and draws a parallel with Gurdjeff’s autobiography
- Savita’s second book “Dinner with Osho” – the story of the particular Indian women who met Osho in the very early days
- Savita talks about Osho in the 1960s and his strategy to gather his people (as well as pushing them away)
- Osho the man behind the public persona: a very simple man
- What Savita learnt about Osho and women
- Savita’s current projects: a third book that Osho asked her to write in the 70s
- Savita's morning routine
- Savita's favourite meditation
- Savita and Osho today