LoveOsho podcast E066 Ramateertha
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 3 March 2020.
- Episode E066: The Osho trademark
- with Sw Ramateertha
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Based on 40-year-experience leading the most successful urban Osho meditation centre in Europe, Ramateertha dispenses valuable advice and insights on how to manage an Osho place and share Osho’s vision retaining existing sannyasins whilst attracting younger people. Ramateertha also talks about why he took the challenge to dispute the Osho trademark and clarifies aspects of the five-year litigation which ensued.
- Today our guest is Swami Ramateertha. Ramateertha took sannyas in 1976 and is a medical doctor and therapist. Ramateertha is thefounder and director of Osho Uta Institute in Cologne, which is one of the oldest and biggest European Osho Meditation Centres.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 1.00 - How Ramateertha came across Osho
- 3.00 - Osho asks Ramateertha to open a meditation centre in Germany, Osho UTA was born
- 5.29 - The secret of Osho UTA great success as an urban meditation centre
- 8.30 - Advice for people who want to open an urban Osho meditation centre
- 12.40 - How Osho UTA adapted to changes from the 1980s to 2020
- 14.30 - Are young people coming to Osho UTA attracted to Osho or meditation?
- 17.00 - How Ramateertha passes on the fire and love for Osho to younger people
- 19.00 - People taking Sannyas in Osho UTA
- 20.41 - What is the Osho trademark and why Ramateertha decided to get involved in a prolonged legal dispute
- 26.00 - The fake Osho Will
- 27.13 - Reason why the European court declared that Osho name can be trademarked
- 28.40 - The difference between the EU and the USA legal outcomes
- 29.45 - How Ramateertha feels about the trademark issue after 5 years of litigation
- 31.58 - Ramateertha’s morning routine
- 33.03 - Ramateertha’s favourite meditation
- 34.08 - Ramateertha and Osho today