LoveOsho podcast E067 Samvara
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 10 March 2020.
- Episode E067: Osho silent retreat
- with Ma Deva Samvara
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- A seeker since a young age, Samvara came across a living Master and dropped everything to be with Osho. Samvara enjoyed the extraordinary atmosphere of the Osho commune in Poona, India where she trained as a breathwork therapist. Before leaving the body, Osho asked Samvara to introduce in the commune a 3- month Buddhist silent meditation retreat. Samvara still treasures and honours this wonderful gift from Osho and makes it available in her beautiful place in Brazil.
- Today our guest is Ma Deva Samvara. Samvara took sannyas in 1976 and is a psychologist and holistic therapist. Samvara specialises in breath therapy, rebirthing and meditation retreats.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 1.10 - How Samvara came across Osho
- 2.55 - What was about Osho that pulled Samvara
- 4.25 - Samvara first meeting with Osho
- 6.25 - Poona 1 was the most extraordinary place for personal development
- 9.15 - The relationship between therapy and meditation
- 14.15 - Osho asks Samvara to introduce in Poona a 3 month Buddhist silent meditation retreat
- 16.10 - Osho leaves the body during the 3 month silent retreat
- 17.00 - Samvara and the 3 month silent retreat today
- 20.00 - Why a longer meditation retreat is very useful
- 22.15 - Living in nature to support meditation
- 24.30 - Breath therapy and rebirthing
- 28.20 - Samvara’s current projects
- 29.22 - Samvara’s morning routine
- 30.05- -Samvara’s favourite meditation
- 30.31 - Samvara and Osho today
- see also
- Samvara’s website
- The LoveOsho podcasts