LoveOsho podcast E104 Tarangita
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 29 September 2020.
- Episode E104: From rudeness to friendliness
- with Ma Shantam Tarangita
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- In the 80s Tarangita was a young radical feminist who used to shout aggressively at sannyasin women passing by on the street of Amsterdam, accused of being slaves of a man (Osho). After becoming a sannyasin, Tarangita learnt to trust herself and healed her deep wounds from a traumatic and abusive childhood. Thanks to the healing power of Osho’s smile, Tarangita has gone a long way from fear to trust and today keeps learning the art of living with love, kindness and playfulness.
- Today our guest is Ma Shantam Tarangita. Tarangita took sannyas in 1984 and is a former nurse. Together with the Friends of Osho Netherlands, Tarangita makes Osho available in Holland on cable-tv. Tarangita lives in the Osho Mevlana Commune in Amsterdam together with 25 friends and is constantly working on herself learning every day how to live a more peaceful and happy life.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 01.15 - How Tarangita came across Osho
- 06.20 - Tarangita sees Osho for the first time
- 10.30 - Significant and transformative moments in Tarangita’s life with Osho
- 21.30 - The experience and the challenge of living a communal life
- 27.00 - The generational passage
- 31.40 - Broadcasting Osho’s discourses via cable TV
- 36.30 - Practicalities about broadcasting Osho on cable TV in your country
- 39.40 - Global Osho Evening Meditation on Zoom
- 42.20 - Tarangita’s morning routine
- 44.10 - Tarangita’s favourite meditation
- 47.00 - Tarangita and Osho today
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster