LoveOsho podcast E108 Modita
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 17 October 2020.
- Episode E108: Overcoming depression with Osho dynamic meditation
- with Ma Anand Modita
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Modita came across Osho reading the back cover of a book and was blown away. Eventually, she decided to quit her profession and go to Poona where she took sannyas to have a deeper connection with Osho. Modita has had a long-term history with depression and eating disorders till she started a daily practice of Osho Dynamic Meditation which helped her tremendously to come out of those conditions completely. Modita is now writing a second book on meditation and eating disorders to share her experience and inspire other people.
- Today our guest is Ma Anand Modita. Modita took sannyas in 1995 and has 20 years of experience as a medical doctor. Modita has trained as a therapist and meditation facilitator and is also the author of the book 'Depression, a Stepping-Stone towards Bliss’.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 01.20 - How Modita came to know about Osho
- 07.30 - Modita quits her job and goes to Poona for the first time
- 09.25 - Modita and her connection to Osho
- 10.35 - Modita takes sannyas
- 12.15 - Modita and her path with Osho
- 17.20 - What Modita learnt from Osho which helps her in her life and work today
- 23.50 - How Osho Dynamic Meditation helped Modita overcome depression
- 28.30 - Modita’s Osho favourite place
- 31.55 - What Modita would like to see in the sannyas community today
- 34.20 - Modita’s latest project: writing a new book on eating disorders
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster
- see also
- Modita’s website
- Modita’s book in English and in the Dutch language
- The LoveOsho podcasts