LoveOsho podcast E115 Keith Mitchell
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 1 December 2020.
- Episode E115: Waking up through trauma
- with Keith Mitchell
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Whilst laying flat on a hospital bed paralysed by a horrific spinal injury that ended his successful football career, Keith discovered conscious breathing and meditation. In his new spiritual path, Keith came across Osho and decided to experience Osho meditations and communal living. Keith is a change-maker who is having a huge impact on the world by making meditation available to thousands of people. Keith is truly inspirational and even led a meditation event at the White House.
- Today our guest is Keith Mitchell. Keith is a motivational speaker, yoga teacher, and mindfulness coach. In his former life, Keith was a professional football player of the highest calibre. He received several accolades including being chosen to play in the first Pro Bowl and named an All-Pro player. When a severe spinal injury ended his career, he turned to his breath and the power of meditation. Thus began his path of self-awareness, personal growth, and helping others to achieve the same. He has travelled all over the world, coaching people in the craft of mindfulness, the practice of yoga, the art of meditation, and the importance of self-realisation.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 01.50 - Keith’s life-changing traumatic experience
- 04.20 - Keith discovers conscious breathing
- 06.40 - Keith goes deeper into exploring meditation
- 08.15 - Keith’s spiritual teachers
- 09.20 - Keith’s fascination for Osho
- 13.45 - Keith’s experience with Dynamic Meditation and the Osho Community
- 18.00 - Keith leads Dynamic Meditation in Hong Kong
- 21.00 - How to promote meditation in the Western world
- 24.30 - Meditation as a practice out of its spiritual context
- 26.20 - Keith’s book
- 28.30 - Keith’s business advice for “positive-impact-business”
- 32.40 - Keith’s advice on lifestyle and nutrition
- 36.00 - Keith on waking up, being rebels and more conscious human beings
- 39.00 - Keith’s latest project: a meditation app for tech companies
- 44.35 - Keith’s morning routine
- 45.40 - Keith’s favourite meditation
- 41.25 - Keith’s top tips for a healthy and mindful life
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster