LoveOsho podcast E118 Vikrant (part 3)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 22 December 2020.
- Episode E118: How Osho changed modern psychology (part 3)
- with Sw Anand Vikrant
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Vikrant dedicated 10 years to a research project documenting how Osho influenced contemporary psychotherapy and modern psychology. He tells the story of how the leaders of the Human Potential Movement learned from Osho and developed innovative therapy groups under Osho’s guidance. It is a systematic, accurate and evidence-based account of how most of the modern therapies practised today derive from the daring and pioneering work of the Human Potential Development therapists who were deeply impacted by Osho. This is the third of a 4-part-series investigating how Osho transformed modern psychology, in which we discuss the period of time between 1987 and 1990.
- Today our guest is Swami Anand Vikrant. Vikrant took sannyas in 1988 and is a counsellor and psychotherapist, trained at Northern Illinois University, USA, and Osho Multiversity, Pune, India. Vikrant is a member of the Association for Humanistic Psychology, Transpersonal Psychology, and the Association for Body Psychotherapy. Vikrant is the author of 6 books and numerous articles on the awakening of consciousness and personal development. Vikrant has taught in various psychology programs including the Department of Counselling, Adult and Health Education at Northern Illinois University, USA. He is a former research consultant on Active Meditations in Sydney, Australia, and has been training therapists and facilitators in humanistic-transpersonal psychology for more than 20 years. Vikrant is the founder of the Experiential Center for Human Development and the creator of the "Returning to the Source" workshop, Biodynamic Structural Massage, and Somatic Emotional Processing.
- Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- 02.45 - Summary and blueprint of the therapy groups
- 06.00 - The newcomer journey through the therapy groups
- 07.30 - The therapy groups during the latest phase of Osho’s work
- 10.20 - The Multiversity and its departments
- 14.30 - Women's and men's liberation groups
- 21.05 - Osho’s input on the creation of new therapy groups
- 22.50 - The meditative therapies and the role of the therapists
- 29.50 - Dynamic Meditation: the perfect synthesis between therapy and meditation
- 34.30 - The Osho Institutes and Osho’s work spreads worldwide
- 41.50 - Poona stops being the meeting point of therapists and sannyasins
- 48.20 - The centre point for self-development today
- 50.00 - Osho is a world phenomenon
- 54.10 - Vikrant's book
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster
- see also
- Vikrant’s website
- Vikrant’s book in Spanish
- The LoveOsho podcasts