LoveOsho podcast E119 Vikrant (part 4)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 29 December 2020.
- Episode E119: How Osho changed modern psychology (part 4)
- with Sw Anand Vikrant
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Vikrant dedicated 10 years to a research project documenting how Osho influenced contemporary psychotherapy and modern psychology. He tells the story of how the leaders of the Human Potential Movement learned from Osho and developed innovative therapy groups under Osho’s guidance. It is a systematic, accurate and evidence-based account of how most of the modern therapies practised today derive from the daring and pioneering work of the Human Potential Development therapists who were deeply impacted by Osho. This is the fourth of a 4-part-series investigating how Osho transformed modern psychology, in which we discuss the current state of affairs in the world of Osho’s therapy and Vikrant work.
- Today our guest is Swami Anand Vikrant. Vikrant took sannyas in 1988 and is a counsellor and psychotherapist, trained at Northern Illinois University, USA, and Osho Multiversity, Pune, India. Vikrant is a member of the Association for Humanistic Psychology, Transpersonal Psychology, and the Association for Body Psychotherapy. Vikrant is the author of 6 books and numerous articles on the awakening of consciousness and personal development. Vikrant has taught in various psychology programs including the Department of Counselling, Adult and Health Education at Northern Illinois University, USA. He is a former research consultant on Active Meditations in Sydney, Australia, and has been training therapists and facilitators in humanistic-transpersonal psychology for more than 20 years. Vikrant is the founder of the Experiential Center for Human Development and the creator of the "Returning to the Source" workshop, Biodynamic Structural Massage, and Somatic Emotional Processing.
- Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- 02.20 - Active Meditation research project
- 03.45 - Scientific papers on Osho's meditations
- 07.30 - Scientific credibility to make Osho meditations mainstream
- 11.25 - Biofeedback devices and Amrito’s research
- 12.35 - The Experiential Center for Human Development
- 15.40 - Vikrant’s continuous personal development
- 18.45 - The Osho therapists who are making a difference today
- 21.25 - Osho’s biggest contribution to modern psychology
- 29.55 - Enlightenment vs Self-Realisation
- 33.35 - Osho’s recognition in the world
- 40.00 - Osho wanted his name out
- 41.45 - Osho will never be mainstream
- 45.05 - A new project to make Osho available
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster