LoveOsho podcast E121 Max Brecher (part 2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 12 January 2021.
- Episode E121: What really happened to Osho in the usa (part 2)
- with Max Brecher
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- This is a special series investigating the facts surrounding the meteoric rise of Rajneeshpuram and its even faster fall, including Osho’s illegal arrest, secretive detention, alleged poisoning and deportation. Max Brecher has conducted a high-quality investigative journalistic account and shares detailed information, underpinned by solid and robust evidence, about the most controversial aspects of the Rajneeshpuram saga. If you have ever wondered what really happened to Osho in the USA, including the highly disputed relationship between him and Sheela, you will find clear and exhaustive answers in this 2-episode series. This is episode 2.
- Max Brecher is a former New York political journalist, and author of 5 books including A Passage to America, an investigative journalistic account of the events around Rajneeshpuram. A Passage to America systematically explores the complex sequence of events that led to Osho’s deportation and the collapse of a $150 million commune-city in the Oregon desert. Based entirely on historical records and more than a hundred interviews conducted in the United States, Europe and India, the book re-examines old misconceptions in the light of new evidence and proves beyond a doubt that there was a conspiracy against Osho and his message.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 01.30 - The plea bargain Osho did not want to enter into
- 07.10 - The sham marriages immigration fraud explained
- 09.50 - How did Sheela ascend to the leadership
- 15.15 - The share-a-home programme
- 20.35 - Laxmi’s role in finding land in India for the new commune
- 23.00 - Why did Osho put Sheela in charge?
- 31.00 - Who paid the highest price?
- 35.00 - The defaming media campaign against Osho
- 38.00 - The response to Max Brecher’s book
- 41.45 - Further insights on Max Brecher’s book
- 44.50 - A new project for Osho
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster