LoveOsho podcast E139 Rakesh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 18 May 2021.
- Episode E139: Answer the call
- with Sw Anand Rakesh
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Rakesh had a slow start with Osho. He missed the first chance to meet him and when he did, it was an underwhelming experience. After taking sannyas, Rakesh lived in the Osho commune for many years even after Osho’s death. A loyal and committed disciple, Rakesh slowly realised that he had been called by another Master and continues today his spiritual journey with a new Master.
- Today our guest is Swami Anand Rakesh. Rakesh is a child of Holocaust survivors and a refugee from Communism during the Hungarian revolution of 1956 who grew up in Canada. Rakesh is a seeker of truth and bodyworker. After many years living in India, today Rakesh went back to Canada to live in the presence of John de Ruiter and is currently writing a book about his life.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 01.45 - How Rakesh came to know about Osho
- 06.40 - How Rakesh took sannyas
- 09.15 - Rakesh discovers his profession and calling in life
- 12.10 - Osho helps Rakesh in finding his professional path
- 15.00 - The commune in Poona was a laboratory for personal growth
- 18.30 - The Osho legacy today
- 22.30 - Being in a Buddhafield is powerful but can be distracting
- 25.25 - How Rakesh embraced a new Master
- 32.15 - Comparing Masters
- 36.20 - Answering the Call
- 37.30 - Osho’s greatest contribution to the world
- 40.10 - The most beautiful gift received from Osho
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster