LoveOsho podcast E140 Avikal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 25 May 2021.
- Episode E140: Osho's photographer
- with Sw Samarpan Avikal
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- After leaving political militancy, Avikal worked as an anthropologist with shamans before going to Rajneeshpuram, meeting Osho in person and taking sannyas. Avikal became one of the photographers of the commune and had the privilege to take private photo shootings for Osho, in which he captured some of the most iconic pictures of Osho. Later Avikal dropped his profession as a photographer and martial arts teacher to become a therapist and develop a unique approach to deal with the inner judge.
- Today our guest is Swami Samarpan Avikal. Avikal is a mystic, author of 3 books and internationally renowned teacher. Avikal is the founder and director of the Integral Being Institute and has over 35 years of experience in Zen and Advaita. Avikal has developed an original and innovative approach to the work with the inner judge and facilitates groups and retreats around the world.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 02.00 - How Avikal came to know about Osho
- 07.45 - The photographer of the commune
- 11.10 - Photo shoots for Osho
- 19.40 - Osho, an ordinary man and a magician
- 23.30 - The Zen Koan Osho gave to Avikal
- 25.15 - The Integral Being Institute
- 29.15 - From photography to martial arts to becoming a therapist
- 32.40 - Avikal’s speciality: working with the inner judge
- 36.50 - Avikal’s latest project: freedom to be and freedom to do
- 40.00 - Finding, not searching
- 42.20 - Osho’s greatest contribution to the world
- 43.40 - The most beautiful gift received from Osho
- 44.45 - Avikal and Osho today
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster
- see also
- Avikal’s Integral Being Institute
- Avikal's Satori Retreat
- The LoveOsho podcasts