Ma Anand Meera
Meera was born in Ishikawa, Japan, in 1947. She studied at the Musashino Art University, Tokyo, from 1966 - 1969 and in 1970 moved to Toledo, Spain. She continued her studies in Spain and co-founded the Groupo Tolmo and the Galeria Tolmo. In 1974 she became a disciple of Osho and started working also in India and Japan. In 1979, on Osho´s suggestion, she established together with Geetesh Gibson the Osho Art School and began leading art workshops all over the world, developing new methods of creative expression.
More than forty of Osho's books are illustrated with Meera´s paintings.
She continued to lead wild, extravagant painting trainings at Osho Meditation Resort, Pune, India, and in Ibiza and give workshops on Creativity and Art therapy mainly in Japan and Europe. Her unique way of working is documented in video and dvds. Many artists who have studied with her have gone on to work in art and are featured on her website.
She left her body on Feb 21, 2017 while scuba diving in South Africa.
- paintings and illustrations
- Communism & Zen Fire, Zen Wind
- Dogen: The Zen Master
- From Sex to Superconsciousness
- Glimpses of a Golden Childhood
- Hari Om Tat Sat
- Hyakujo: The Everest of Zen
- Joshu: The Lion's Roar
- Live Zen
- Ma Tzu: The Empty Mirror
- No Book
- No Water, No Moon
- Om Mani Padme Hum
- Om Shantih Shantih Shantih
- Rinzai: Master of the Irrational
- Sat Chit Anand
- Satyam Shivam Sundram
- The Buddha: The Emptiness of the Heart
- The Language of Existence
- The Miracle (discourses)
- The New Dawn
- The Original Man
- This. This. A Thousand Times This
- Turning In (discourses)
- Zen: The Diamond Thunderbolt
- Zen: The Quantum Leap from Mind to No-Mind
- Zen: The Solitary Bird, Cuckoo of the Forest