Ma Anand Savita
Savita is a psychoanalytic therapist by profession, and has been an Osho sannyasin since 1976. She has lived in all of Osho's communes, both in India and the US.
Savita trained as a therapist in London, with both the British Institute of Psychoanalysis and the much-published 'anti-psychiatrist' of that period, R.D. Laing. She ran her own private practice in London's 'psychotherapy district', Swiss Cottage.
In Pune, she was one of Osho's thirteen personal energy mediums, while also living and working in his house as contributing editor on the Darshan Diaries. She was also the editor-compiler of Osho's books At the Feet of the Master and Beyond Enlightenment, and for years was a regular writer for the magazine Osho Times International. Her book of collected anecdotes of sannyasins' meetings with Osho -- Encounters with an Inexplicable Man : Stories of Osho as Told by his People -- was published in 2014.
Her second book, Dinner with Osho : Intimate Tales of Two Women on the Path of Meditation, was published in 2019.
She is currently working on an intimate diary of her days in Poona One as Osho's energy medium, showing her struggles through relationships to discover what meditation really is.
She has also written, directed and acted in theatrical productions both in the UK and in India.
- Pune, India
- & London, UK
- website & blog
- 2014 : Encounters with an Inexplicable Man : Stories of Osho as Told by his People
- 2019.01 : Dinner with Osho : Intimate Tales of Two Women on the Path of Meditation
- as editor
- At the Feet of the Master
- Beyond Enlightenment
- as contributing writer/editor
- Don't Just Do Something, Sit There
- For Madmen Only
- Let Go!
- Osho Times International
- Philosophia Perennis, Vol 2
- Rising in Love
- The Alchemy of Enlightenment
- The Forgotten Language of the Heart
- The Master Is a Mirror
- The Ninety-Nine Names of Nothingness
- The No Book
- The Open Secret
- The Sun Behind the Sun Behind the Sun
- The Tongue-Tip Taste of Tao
- This Is It
- Turn On, Tune In and Drop the Lot
- 1990 : Wild Dances and Silent Songs
- as playwright, co-writer, director and/or actor
- Definitely Not a Dosser
- The Good Doctor
- An Inspector Calls
- The Seagull
- Metaphysical Fencing
- Mum’s Eye View