Mahageeta Bhag 1 ~ 07
महागीता, भाग एक ~ 07
|date & time||17 Sep 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 39min. Quality: good. Sanskrit chant before the discourse.|
|online text||find a PDF of this event|
- (Translated as in The Mahageeta, Vol 1 on CD-ROM)
- The sutra
- Janak said:
- "Amazing. I am innocence, I am peace, I am awareness, I am beyond nature, I have been fooled by illusion all this time!
- Just as I alone illumine this body, do I illumine the universe too? Either this whole universe is mine or nothing at all.
- Amazing, having renounced the body and the universe, now thru the skill of your teaching I see only God.
- Just as waves, foam, and bubbles are not other than water, so is this universe emanating from the atma not other than atma.
- Just as cloth when analyzed is nothing but thread, this world when analyzed is nothing but atma.
- Just as sugar produced from sugarcane juice is wholly pervaded by it, the universe produced from me is permeated by me through and through.
- From ignorance of the atma the world appears, from knowing atma it does not appear. From ignorance of the rope a snake appears, from knowing the rope it does not appear."
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|