Mahageeta Bhag 1 ~ 09
महागीता, भाग एक ~ 09
|date & time||19 Sep 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 24min. Quality: good. Sanskrit chant before the discourse.|
|online text||find a PDF of this event|
- (Translated as in The Mahageeta, Vol 1 on CD-ROM)
- The sutra
- Janak said:
- "Light is my very nature. I am not other than it. When the universe illuminates itself, then it is verily I that shine.
- Amazing that through ignorance the imaginary universe appears in me, just as silver appears in mother of pearl, a snake in a rope, or a mirage in the rays of the sun.
- Just as a pot dissolves into clay, a wave into water, or a bracelet into gold, the universe which has emanated from me/is born out of me will dissolve into me.
- Amazing am I, I bow down to myself. When the whole world shall perish from Brahma to the very clumps of grass I shall not perish. Imperishable am I.
- Amazing am I, I bow down to myself. Though embodied, I am that one who neither goes anywhere nor comes from anywhere but abides pervading beyond encircling the universe.
- Amazing am I, I bow down to myself. None here is as capable as I, who have been supporting the universe for an eternity without even touching it with the/a body.
- Amazing am I, I bow down to myself. I have nothing at all or I have all that is encompassed in speech or thought."
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|