Meditation: The Art of Ecstasy (1996)
- VHS description:
- "This Norwegian production was very well received when shown at prime time at Norway's national television. It is a documentary film about the mystic Osho and his vision of living totally, which can he called a synthesis of the material world and the spiritual, the outer and the inner. In the film we meet people who have made meditation into a lifestyle, and we discover how successful sports and business people are using Osho's methods to enhance their performance.
- It shows how people from all over the world meet at the world's largest meditation resort, to learn how they can actualize their own potential.
- The American best-selling writer, Tom Robbins, and leading media commentators give fascinating insights into why Osho's meditations have become so attractive to the contemporary man."
- Opening storyboard:
- The vision of the controversial Indian-born mystic Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh - "Osho" - lives on at his meditation resort in Poona, India.
- 6 years after the death of this former philosophy professor, more people than ever are gong there to taste his vision of living meditatively.
- Interviews with Deva Sarito, Writer, USA; Mikael Reuterswärd, Mountain Climber, Sweden; Roger Nilson M.D., Whitbread Skipper, Sweden; Bettina Röhl, journalist, Spiegel-TV, Germany; Aroon Purie, Editor, India Today; Samvado, Professor, USA; Tom Robbins, Best-selling Author, USA; Waduda Paradiso, Music Label Director, Italy; Krishna Prem, Zen Tennis Instructor, USA; Khushwant Singh, Media Commentator, India; Yogendra O'Byrne, Lawyer and Tai Chi master, Canada; Barbara Rütting, Acress, Germany; Sw Atiharsha, Ex-Police Commissioner, Germany; Maneesha, Midwife, Australia.
- 47 min
- Music: Eurythmics "There Must Be an Angel" ; Ashik "'Dancing Lightly"
- Dance: Amiyo Dancing Company
- Camera: Normand Cornut, Sw Anand Premlok, Niket D.l Sherer, Shailesh Bhagat Maharaj
- Camera - Southern Sea: Roger Nilson
- Camera - Mount Everest: Mikael Reuterswärd
- Production: insearch video ©1996