Meditation The Art of Ecstasy ~ 03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|20 Jan 1973
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Also printed in Sannyas (English), Vol. 3, No. 1, Jan - Feb 1973, page 5 - 14.
- "Text of an interview with Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, by Ma Yoga Bhasha of New York, U.S.A., on January 20, 1973, Bombay, India."
- Reader of the questions: unknown.
- Question 1
- It is an interesting coincidence that your meditation technique of release through intense chaotic breathing evolved at the same time that certain chaotic therapy techniques were happening in the West, such as R.D. Laing's theory that schizophrenia is not something to be fought, but something to be experienced voluntarily. Laing has said that you cannot be sane until you have been non-sane or insane. Then there is Wilhelm reich's use of sexual energy to release body blocks that coincide with neurosis; this technique was the inspiration for the therapy which is called bio-energetics, as well as the primal scream therapy. Is there a significance in this coincidence?
- Question 2
- I would also like to ask how do the people who follow you, the sannyasins, function in this neurotic world now that they are practicing something else that is supposed to bring them out of their inner neurosis?
- Question 3
- Among your followers there are many Westerners. In relation to what you say about sex, I have the impression that there is a great deal of sexual repression here in India. Isn't it that you attract so many Westerners because of your views on releasing suppressions? So you find that the Indian mentality cannot respond to what you are saying as easily as the Westerners can?
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►