Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In this translation from a series of Hindi discourses, Osho defines his own "Nine Sutras" of neo-yoga. Opening boundless new dimensions to the meaning and significance of the word yoga, he illuminates its vast scope and takes us way beyond what may well be our limited and limiting understanding of it. Using modern scientific knowledge to help us experiment with and experience our inner world, Osho gives us an in-depth introduction to his famous Dynamic meditation and takes us on a timeless journey into the beyond, home to ourselves.
- translated from
- Hindi : Yog: Naye Aayam (योग : नये आयाम)
- (The CD-ROM's Sun of Consciousness says: "This is a translation from the Hindi Neo-Yoga Sutras")
- Read this book as PDF or create a free account at osho.com to read the book online.
- This English translation first published as part of Osho Books on CD-ROM and known there as Sun of Consciousness, but never published as a book under that title. But the CD-ROM makes that it can be found as PDF's with that title.
- The Friends of Osho website has made this entire book available online to highlight the many changes made to the original material. Probably this comparison is based on the text on the CD-ROM.
- On the CD-ROM, the order of the chapters is chronological. In the Rebel 2005 edition, the order of the chapters is different: 5-1-2-3-6-4 (??). In the Tao 2005 and 2006 editions the order is again chronological. The texts of the Rebel and Tao editions are the same though.
- Although the book translated from Yog: Naye Aayam, order of chapters used chronological from first published book Chetna Ka Surya (चेतना का सूर्य). See YNA's discussion page for more on Sun of Consciousness and a history of chapters out of order.
- Later published as New Dimensions of Yoga.
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Oct 17, 1970 to Oct 20, 1970 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 6 (see table of contents)
table of contents
| editions Tao 2005-2006
|1||Vital Experiments in Meditation||17 Oct 1970 am||Poona, meditation camp||1h 28min||audio|
|2||Life Is Energy||17 Oct 1970 pm||Poona, meditation camp||1h 4min||audio|
|3||The Beggar and the Emperor||18 Oct 1970 pm||Poona, meditation camp||1h 16min||audio|
|4||The Sun of Consciousness||19 Oct 1970 pm||Poona, meditation camp||1h 8min||audio|
|5||The New Sannyasin||20 Oct 1970 am||Poona, meditation camp||0h 30min||audio|
|6||Death Is Life||20 Oct 1970 pm||Poona, meditation camp||0h 18min||audio|