Returning to the Source ~ 06
|date & time||16 Dec 1974 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 21min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- When yang Chu was passing through Sung he spent the night at an inn.
- The innkeeper had two concubines -- one beautiful, and the other ugly.
- The ugly one he valued, and the beautiful one he neglected. When Yang Chu asked the reason, the fellow answered: The beautiful one thinks herself beautiful, and I do not notice her beauty; the ugly one thinks herself ugly, and I do not notice her ugliness.
- Yang Chu said to his disciples: Remember this -- if you act nobly and banish from your mind the thought that you are noble, where can you go and not be loved?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|