Sarvasar Upanishad ~ 03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
सर्वसार उपनिषद ~ 03
|date & time||9 Jan 1972, 19:00|
|location||Matheran, meditation camp|
|language||Hindi & English|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 10min. Quality: good.|
Sanskrit chanted sutra, followed by a Hindi translation of the sutra.
|online text||find a PDF of this event|
- See Talk:Osho Timeline 1972. English part of this event published as That Art Thou #03
CD-ROM about That Art Thou: "Originally titled "Sarvasar Upanishad" (first 17 discourses at Matheran), "Kaivalya Upanishad" (second 17 discourses at Mt. Abu) and "Adhyatma Upanishad" (last 17 discourses at Mt. Abu). Discourses were in Hindi and English, the tapes produced as "That Art Thou" are the English parts."
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Yoga Taru, also chanting.
- English part:
- The sutra
- The self or soul is both God and living being. But the body, which is not the soul, gets infected with a sense of ego, and that is what is called living being's bondage.
- The cessation of this ego is what is called freedom.
- That which gives rise to the ego is called avidya (false learning).
- And that which leads to the cessation of the ego is called vidya (right learning).
- The sutra
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|