Sw Prem Prasad
Prasad was a German sannyasin, the much-loved leader of the Centering Group, a gentle play-awareness group given to nearly all new arrivals in Pune One. He was a member of the original Inner Circle but left it early and left his body about six months later, in 1990, due to a brain tumour.
He has a long, ecstatic darshan with Osho reported in The Madman's Guide to Enlightenment, material not included in the CD-ROM. Images of an interview about this with him conducted by Maneesha have been uploaded to the Madman's Guide page, from p 355-359 of the book. In addition, we have a short description below from p 353, in Maneesha's voice. Prasad's Centering group in is darshan that night, as was done in those days upon completion of a group.
- Prasad, how was the group?
- And instead of his customary,
- It was gut! uttered with a variety
- of inflections and accompanied
- by appropriately enthusiastic grins
- or misty blue-eyed gratitude,
- he murmurs,
- It was really beautiful.
- Come here! you order him chucklingly,
- and I imagine he starts with astonishment
- before he begins to crawl toward you, head down
- Vivek's head is down now too,
- her eyes closed,
- her nose already turning pink
- with emotion
- as Prasad kneels at your feet,
- his head just inches away.
- As you place a foot on his hands
- his breathing becomes deeper, louder,
- and then more so,
- as if he is in orgasm.
- You motion someone forward
- to place her hand on his back,
- and help this loving annihilation.
- When you call him some aeons later
- he remains where he is,
- and Vivek reaches for a handkerchief
- (one of yours!)
- and blows a sympathetic nose.
- He finally crawls back to his place
- accompanied by collective group chortles
- and there he lies
- while Christa, from his group,
- begins to talk to you.
After Osho's words to Christa, Maneesha resumes her commentary on Prasad's experience. That part and her interview with him can be found in the images on the Madman's Guide page. During the interview, Prasad refers to an earlier interview published in the Nov-Dec 1977 issue of Sannyas Magazine wherein he describes his experience of being conscious under anaesthesia. Images of that interview have also been uploaded there (some scrolling needed).
- see also
- The Inner Circle