Swami Anand Vimalkirti - The Blessed One - The Celebration (1981)
- "Give a beautiful send-off to Vimalkirti," said Osho on the morning of January 10, 1981. This videofilm is a documentary on the life and death celebration of Vimalkirti, Prince Welf Ernst of Hanover.
- It has old photos of Vimalkirti's life, footage of his life in the Ashram (a.o. as a guard), footage of his body and the celebration in Gautama the Buddha Audiotorium.
- Osho comes out to bless him, his wife Ma Prem Turiya and their daughter (this event is listed as Death Celebration of Vimalkirti ~ 01).
- Then the walk to the ghats, the burning of the body, the return to the ashram, the celebration of placing his ashes in a memorial, and his brother Georg reaing Vimalkirti's last poem.
- See also the book with Osho's discourses Zen: Zest, Zip, Zap and Zing, with lots of photos of Vimalkirti.
- The film is mentioned in the Chidvilas video list as "VC255, Jan 10, 1981, 93mins $240.00".
- (Strangely, at least the version of this film available at OshoViha has, after the film as such, the video of discourse Guida Spirituale ~ 11, q.2 and 4, which seem unrelated to Vimalkirti. But the discourse is announced explicitly, so seems on purpose. Instead one would expect Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 15, where Osho talks about Vimalkirti and the celebration).
- In the Chidvilas video list there is also mention of "The discourse is available separately as SWAMI ANAND VIMALKIRTI: THE BLESSED ONE - THE LECTURE (VC250).", so that might have been Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 15.
- Jan 1981
- 35 min (with discourse: 93 min)
Swami Anand Vimalkirti - The Blessed One - The Celebration
- December 16, 1975 "Prince Welf of Hanover became Sw Anand Vimalkirti ..."
- January 5, 1981 "Swami Anand Vimalkirti collapsed from a cerebral hemorrhage ..."
- January 10, 1981 (Osho quotes from Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 11 q.3 and Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 15 q.1 and at the end after q.4.
- January 13, 1981 (The ashes of Vimalkirti coming back to the ashram)
- 30m 47s narrator: "As a final farewell, his brother Georg reads Vimalkirti's last poem that he wrote before he died"
- I saw you.
- Your shadow after lunch.
- Your little white shadow slipping right through my burning heart.
- Where are you going?
- I come? Yes, I want to come
- Just come? Where are we going
- I know not how to walk
- I am ashamed of crawling after you
- I know not
- I guard your wake and sleep, I guard your day and night
- But is you who takes care of me
- I can offer only my body, but I will give it
- So you can sleep and wake
- You offer your being, and I am blind
- Tears of pain and joy come to my blind eyes
- Burning through my heart on their way to you
- Where can we meet?
- Let me settle into you, so I can heal my burns
- I come. Those few steps seem like the path to eternity
- I will make it
- I have to heal
- The path is healing me
- If only I would not hurt myself again and again
- Camera / Editing: Sw Deva mutribo, Sw Anand Parigyan
- Recording Engineer, Editing / Production: Ma Prem Samadhi
- Production Assistants: Sw Dayanand Bharti, Sw Anand Pardeshi
- Photography: Ma Prem Champa, Sw Krishna Bharti, Ma Deva Tanmayo
- Music: Sw Prem Anubhava, Sw Chaitanya Hari
- Calligraphy: Sw Sat Samudaya
- Thanks to: The darkroom staff and friends in the ashram for their love and support
- Recorded live at Shree Rajneesh Ashram, Poona
- Produced by Rajneesh Foundation, 17 Koregaon Park, Poona 411001 - India, Telephones: 20981, 20981, 28127, Telex: 0145 421 TAO / Telegram: TATHATA
- ©1980 (sic) Rajneesh Foundation