Swami Anand Vimalkirti - The Blessed One - The Celebration (1981)
- "Give a beautiful send-off to Vimalkirti," said Osho on the morning of January 10, 1981. This videofilm is a documentary on the life and death celebration of Vimalkirti, Prince Welf Ernst of Hanover.
- It has old photos of Vimalkirti's life, footage of his life in the Ashram (a.o. as a guard), footage of his body and the celebration in Gautama the Buddha Audiotorium, Osho blessing him, his wife Ma Prem Turiya and their daughter. Then the walk to the ghats, the burning of the body, the return to the ashram, the celebration of placing his ashes in a memorial, and his brother Georg reaing Vimalkirti's last poem.
- See also the book with Osho's discourses Zen: Zest, Zip, Zap and Zing, with lots of photos of Vimalkirti.
- The film is mentioned in the Chidvilas video list as "VC255, Jan 10, 1981, 93mins $240.00".
- Strangely, at least the version of this film available at OshoViha has, after the film as such, the video of discourse Guida Spirituale ~ 11, q.2 and 4, which seem unrelated to Vimalkirti. But the discourse is announced explicitly, so seems on purpose. (Instead one would expect Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 15, where Osho talks about Vimalkirti and the celebration).
- In the Chidvilas video list there is also mention of "The discourse is available separately as SWAMI ANAND VIMALKIRTI: THE BLESSED ONE - THE LECTURE (VC250).", so that might have been Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 15.
- Jan 1981
- 35 min (with discourse: 93 min)
Swami Anand Vimalkirti - The Blessed One - The Celebration
- December 16, 1975 "Prince Welf of Hanover became Sw Anand Vimalkirti ..."
- January 5, 1981 "Swami Anand Vimalkirti collapsed from a cerebral hemorrhage ..."
- January 10, 1981 (Osho quotes from Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 11 q.3 and Zen Zest Zip Zap and Zing ~ 15 q.1 and at the end after q.4.
- January 13, 1981 (The ashes of Vimalkirti coming back to the ashram)
- 30m 47s narrator: "As a final farewell, his brother Georg reads Vimalkirti's last poem that he wrote before he died"
- I saw you.
- Your shadow after lunch.
- Your little white shadow slipping right through my burning heart.
- Where are you going?
- I come? Yes, I want to come
- Just come? Where are we going
- I know not how to walk
- I am ashamed of crawling after you
- I know not
- I guard your wake and sleep, I guard your day and night
- But is you who takes care of me
- I can offer only my body, but I will give it
- So you can sleep and wake
- You offer your being, and I am blind
- Tears of pain and joy come to my blind eyes
- Burning through my heart on their way to you
- Where can we meet?
- Let me settle into you, so I can heal my burns
- I come. Those few steps seem like the path to eternity
- I will make it
- I have to heal
- The path is healing me
- If only I would not hurt myself again and again
- Camera / Editing: Sw Deva mutribo, Sw Anand Parigyan
- Recording Engineer, Editing / Production: Ma Prem Samadhi
- Production Assistants: Sw Dayanand Bharti, Sw Anand Pardeshi
- Photography: Ma Prem Champa, Sw Krishna Bharti, Ma Deva Tanmayo
- Music: Sw Prem Anubhava, Sw Chaitanya Hari
- Calligraphy: Sw Sat Samudaya
- Thanks to: The darkroom staff and friends in the ashram for their love and support
- Recorded live at Shree Rajneesh Ashram, Poona
- Produced by Rajneesh Foundation, 17 Koregaon Park, Poona 411001 - India, Telephones: 20981, 20981, 28127, Telex: 0145 421 TAO / Telegram: TATHATA
- ©1980 (sic) Rajneesh Foundation