Take It Easy, Vol 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In these discourses Osho covers vast territory - from the state of no-mind before birth, to man's obsession with greed; from the difference between mind and consciousness, to the ultimate failure of love-affairs; from "scientific mysticism," to the psychology of politicians and the importance of dreams.
- Read this book as PDF or create a free account at osho.com to read the book online.
- Later published as part of Osho Books on CD-ROM.
- Chapters 1-7 later published in Osho on Zen: The Art of Enlightenment.
- Chapters 8-14 later published in Osho on Zen: The Art of Living
- Later published as part of Take It Easy which combines this volume and Take It Easy, Vol 2.
- "14 discourses based on the doka of Zen Master Ikkyu"
- Some of the discourses for both this volume and Vol 2 had a unique feature: before the reading of the sutras Osho would comment on, a Japanese sannyasin would sing / chant the sutras in their original Japanese. These chants were preserved in the audio versions of the talks up through the second edition of audio but many changes were made by OIF after that edition, and audio featuring this singing can no longer be purchased.
- The chapters of Take It Easy when this chanting occurred were:
- The wiki has acquired audio of the first two of these Japanese chants and they can be heard at the event pages for chapters #01 and #03, links below in the TOC section.
- Around the time of Take It Easy, a similar thing also happened in Osho's Hindi discourses, with the singing in Hindi by Ma Yoga Taru, in the same alternating rhythm, ie one day with, then a day without singing. Before TIE, it was Ka Sovai Din Rain (का सोवै दिन रैन). After, it was Santo, Magan Bhaya Man Mera (संतो, मगन भया मन मेरा).
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Apr 11, 1978 to Apr 24, 1978 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 14 (see table of contents)
Take It Easy, Vol 1
Talks on Zen Buddhism
Pages X - XI.
Pages XII - XIII.
Pages XIV - XV.
Pages XVI - XVII.
Pages XX - 1.
Pages 2 - 3.
Pages 4 - 5.
Pages 6 - 7.
table of contents
| edition 1979.03
|1||Back from the Leaky Road||11 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 38min||audio|
|2||Death in the Ego Is Life in Love||12 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 34min||audio|
|3||All Lies and Nonsense!||13 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 32min||audio|
|4||Live Dangerously!||14 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 35min||audio|
|5||... And We Are in Love||15 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 38min||audio|
|6||The Cosmic Simultaneity of All||16 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 40min||audio|
|7||The Whiskers of the Pebble||17 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 41min||audio|
|8||In Search of a Ghost||18 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 46min||audio|
|9||Do You Smell the Mountain Laurels?||19 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 38min||audio|
|10||Only Man Is Capable of Boredom||20 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 38min||audio|
|11||The Lotus Flower of the Law||21 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 39min||audio|
|12||Gladly Beyond Any Experience||22 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 29min||audio|
|13||Daruma, the Cat and the Ladle||23 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 41min||audio|
|14||I Am Also a Plumber||24 Apr 1978 am||Buddha Hall, Poona||1h 35min||audio|