Take It Easy Vol 1 ~ 07
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||17 Apr 1978 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 41min. Quality: good|
Japanese chant before before reading of the sutra.
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha. Chant by Ma Prem Geeta (Japanese).
- The sutra
- If it rain, let it rain;
- If it rain not, let it not rain;
- But even should it not rain,
- You must travel
- With wet sleeves.
- Look at the cherry blossoms!
- Their colour and scent fall with them,
- Are gone for ever,
- Yet mindless
- The spring comes again.
- Is the shaved part of the saucepan,
- The whiskers of the pebble,
- The sound that accompanies
- The bamboos in the picture.
- The puppet-player hangs them
- Round his neck, not his heart;
- He can take out a devil,
- He can take out a buddha.
- If he says,
- "There is nothing special about it,"
- Already he has transgressed,
- And can say nothing else,
- This Daruma Ikkyu.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|