Talk:Main Kaun Hun? (मैं कौन हूं?) (discourses)
The current understanding ...
There are two distinct series with the title Main Kaun Hun? (मैं कौन हूं?). Right from the beginning we have had them confused with each other. The first entry in the Talk page for the other MKH reads:
- Source for such information we have on this early book is Neeten's Osho Source Book. His Appendix section mentions three talks given on Mar 4-6, 1967 and the Bibliography section says it was first published in 1967 also. Question mark cover design is said to be by Osho himself. Publisher is likely Jeevan Jagruti Kendra, as for the 1968 edition.
Well, okay. We now have some Dates and Places info for this audio series, agreeing 100% with those Mar '67 dates. And there was indeed a book with this title published in 1967. It seems natural to equate them. Wrong-o! So this is one of Osho's firecrackers that he left for innocent bibliographers (to say nothing of the hair-pulling consternation he created for his publications people back in the day). As the sign on the road to the ranch said, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".
More of the turbulent history of the wiki's trying to sort out the what's what of these two MKH's may be brought over here later.
Checked OW audio #6, Khajana audio #6 - they match to ch.6 of Shailendra's PDF. Both are complete.--DhyanAntar 15:20, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
Dates and Places
For now, resting in the relative calm of the newly arrived Dates and Places info from Jagdish, image right and text version below, with a couple of questions to follow:
- 1. Mar 4 1967 am HK Hall, Ahmedabad
- 2. Mar 5 1967 am HK Hall, Ahmedabad
- 3. Mar 6 1967 am HK Hall, Ahmedabad
- 4. Mar 31 1967 pm Baheti Bhavan, Hyderabad
- 5. Oct 2 1968 am Mulund, Mumbai (Satya Ki Khoj)
- 6. Apr 13 1970 am Palm Beach, Mumbai (Q&A, incl Dynamic)
- 7. Apr 15 1970 am Palm Beach, Mumbai (Q&A, incl Dynamic)
- 8. Jul 28 1970 am Baroda (Q&A)
- 9. Jul 29 1970 am Baroda (Q&A)
- 10. Jul 30 1970 am Baroda (Q&A)
- 11. Jul 31 1970 am Baroda (Q&A)
Questions we might ask about these data would focus on the Mumbai segments: Does this "Satya Ki Khoj" refer to that series in some way? At first, that seems unlikely, since its dates in Feb 1969 and quasi-alt-dates in Jan 1970 have little to do with the dates here. And Satya Ki Khoj is not the title of this chapter. Perhaps a theme?
And about the Dynamic the two mornings in Palm Beach: Are meditation instructions included in the audio? Or perhaps even some of the actual meditation? Or perhaps the Q&A are about Dynamic. A Hindi speaker may have to listen and report.
Hindi series of talks with dates (source document): "Satya Ki Khoj, 1 talk, 02.10.68". This is talk 5.--DhyanAntar 11:55, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
- Theme of this chapter is confirmed: 14/18 matches of "सत्य की खोज" in this chapter.
- Title, date and place ("Mulund") confirmed by Hindi series of talks with dates 2 (source document).--DhyanAntar 06:34, 3 September 2020 (UTC)
It is not likely of any significance but we note here a mention from the other MKH's listings in Osho Timeline ~ year unknown, from the time when the two MKH's were conflated, that "three of this series were on 4 - 6 Mar 1967, plus one in 1969". Similarly, in Osho Timeline 1969, there was a mention of an MKH discourse sometime in 1969 and "somewhere in India". While both mentions (source unknown) purported to be factual, they were likely mistaken, so they have been deleted and preserved here as a fwiw. -- doofus-9 16:58, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
Also copied over from the alt-MKH's Talk page. Its source was and still is the audiobook offering on osho.com.
- 1. स्वयं की पहचान क्या?
- 2. स्वयं की असली पहचान
- 3. मन है एक रिक्तता
- 4. अकेला होना बड़ी तपश्चर्या है
- 5. जंजीर तोड़ने के सूत्र
- 6. श्वास का महत्व
- 7. शक्ति का तूफान
- 8. सौंदर्य के अनंत आयाम
- 9. सत्य शब्दों में व्यक्त नहीं हो सकता
- 10. जीने की कला
- 11. मैं विज्ञान की भाषा में बोल रहा हूं