Talk:Manuscripts ~ Mitti Ke Diye (मिट्टी के दीये)
59 or 60 chapters?
Shailendra's notes: "This book contained 59 stories in previous editions (1966). Recent edition (2003) has 60 stories. Previously there was a mistake- 2 stories (ch. 22 and 23) got joined as one."
In chapter 22, the text:
- "A rich man gave a party to his friends on a special occasion. The king of that town was also present in that party."
is in fact the start of the 23rd story. --DhyanAntar 13:11, 22 July 2018 (UTC), updated 23 Oct 2018.
Differences in the title-spelling
Today Shailendra stated about differences in the title:
- "Both Are Correct: मिट्टी के दीए / (मिट्टी के दीये)
- To create more confusion- osho wrote in Manuscript: मिट्टी के दिये (see Cover on image on the right)
- And He Cancelled what he wrote previously (see Back Cover on image on the right):
- मर्त्य दीप
- अमृत ज्योति
- In my opinion best is- मिट्टी के दीए
- Let us avoid- दिये because it also means GIVEN, GAVE
- Google translate gives meanings as below-
- मिट्टी के दीए Clay Dia (Earthen Lamp)
- मिट्टी के दिये Soil
- मिट्टी के दीये Soil Light
- Dia is accepted word in English dictionary, but this is singular, Deeye is plural."
--DhyanAntar 13:36, 24 July 2018 (UTC)