Talk:Naye Samaj Ki Khoj (नये समाज की खोज)
Source of date and place info [for Rajkot] is "Doc X". Questions may arise about 17 discourses in 4 days (6-9 Mar 1970), hmmm? They do seem to be short discourses, taking only 144 pages, and 17 seems to be correct, at least supported by other sources, fwiw. -- Sarlo (talk) 22:27, 27 January 2014 (PST)
- Above was written when it was thought that the whole book was given in the four days at Rajkot. In fact, though the books are short, 144-181 or so pages, the discourses are not. The seventeen discourses are all full-length for those days, running from just under an hour to one running over two hours, so we can forget four days. And as if that weren't enough, we have new information from Neeten's Osho Source Book that has both Naye Samaj and Shunya Ke Paar (शुन्य के पार) on those dates in Rajkot. This apparently works though, since Shunya talks were given in the mornings and Naye Samaj in the evenings (or afternoons, though less likely in the hot season).
- So that's not so bad, and we can still wonder about the other thirteen discourses of Naye Samaj and how seventeen longish talks can fit into 144 pages. Perhaps there is a lot of silence, or a lot of editing/selecting. "TOC" below is actually a list of audio titles, may not correspond to the books. -- Sarlo (talk) 09:16, 3 August 2014 (PDT)
- And from the FWIW bin, the audio titles below are actually just from Osho World. Osho.com also offers an audiobook for this series, with titles mostly the same but a few diffs: #5 is just plain missing, #13 has a different title (सत्य को बोलने का साहस) and #13-17 are renumbered to 14-18.
- And while we're here, #12 is the title of a fabled long-lost early publication of Osho. Could it have ended up here, in NSKK? Stranger things have happened. -- doofus-9 06:07, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- 1. नये समाज की खोज का आधार: नया मनुष्य
- 2. नये समाज का जन्म: सुख की नींव पर
- 3. जीवन-क्रांति का प्रारंभ: भय के साक्षात्कार से
- 4. अंतस की बदलाहट ही एकमात्र बदलाहट
- 5. जीवन-मूल्य और संघर्ष
- 6. शून्य की दिशा
- 7. नये समाज का आधार--भय नहीं, प्रेम
- 8. मैं पूंजीवाद के समर्थन में हूं
- 9. अध्यात्म की आधारशिला है भौतिकवाद
- 10. जिंदगी निरंतर चुनाव है
- 11. विश्व-शांति के तीन उपाय
- 12. समाज और सत्य
- 13. आध्यात्मिक क्रांति के दो सूत्र
- 14. निर्विचार अनुभव ही सनातन हो सकता है
- 15. जीवन एक समग्रता है
- 16. सफलता नहीं--सुफलता
- 17. नये परिवार का आधार: विवाह नहीं, प्रेम
- Image added Feb 3 2019, discussion re that follows below, after older discussions.
I assume that the 17 audio discourses available here correspond to the 17 chapters of the book.
Discourse #10 took place in Ludhiana on Aug, 23, 1970 - the last day of a 3 day talking engagement there (Aug, 21 - 23, 1970). ( see Osho discourse given on 23 Aug 1970 pm )
About the image: It is from Jagdish and purports to be the TOC for a previously unknown book, Naye Samaj Ka Janm (नये समाज का जन्म), or "Birth of a New Society", as opposed to NSKK's "Search for a New Society". All the titles bar one match those in NSKK, so it's hard to believe in its separate existence. The difference is a new ch 14 (circled in the image, "सत्य को बोलने का साहस") in "NSKJ", with each chapter after that numbered one higher. Possibly a new edition with one more chapter? ¿Quien sabe? For now, it can sit here and await developments. -- doofus-9 19:13, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
1980 RF edition has 5ch, how are they related with late Rebel edition with 17 chapters? It is necessary to correct date of first publishing in events for this series. Only 5 chapters published in 1980.
Dates of events from 1980 edition:
Ch.1 Bombay, 31 May and 1 Jun 1969 : in Timeline another 3 events in these days...
Ch.2 Udaipur, 6 Jun 1969
Ch.3 Udaipur, 6 Jun 1969
Ch.4 Udaipur, 6 Jun 1969
Ch.5 Udaipur, 6 Jun 1969
This is error of printing? 4 chapters with the same date. Timeline has Upasana Ke Kshan ~ 08 in this date.
None of 5 chapters do not match with Shailendra's PDF.--DhyanAntar 10:42, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
Hindi series of talks with dates (source document): "Naye Samaj Ki Khoj, 4 talks, 6-9.03.70" and then adds "Naye Samaj Ki Khoj, 1 talk, 15.03.70".--DhyanAntar 17:28, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
- Osho Discourse Hindi List with dates (source document) confirms 4 talks on 6-9 Mar 1970 and says they are evening talks.--DhyanAntar 06:18, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
Ageh Bharti (in Beloved Osho) confirms last date of series in Ludhiana, 23 Aug 1970 pm. And he says it was evening talks.--DhyanAntar 05:47, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
- OW has 17 mp3s.
- OSHO.com has 16 (sic):
- #1: नये समाज की खोज का आधार : नया मनुष्य 70min
- #2: नये समाज का जन्म : सुख की नींव पर 76min
- #3: जीवन-क्रांति का प्रारंभ : भय के साक्षात्कार से 63min
- #4: अंतस की बदलाहट ही एकमात्र बदलाहट 72min
- (no #5 !)
- #6: शून्य की दिशा 68min
- sound dropouts
- #7: नये समाज का आधार—भय नहीं, प्रेम
- #8: मैं पूंजीवाद के समर्थन में हूं 76min
- #9: अध्यात्म की आधारशिला है भौतिकवाद 67min
- sound dropouts, incomplete
- #10: जिंदगी निरंतर चुनाव है 54min
- #11: विश्व-शांति के तीन उपाय 63min
- #12: समाज और सत्य 65min
- poor quality recording
- (no #13 !)
- #14: सत्य को बोलने का साहस 38min
- last 3 mins poor quality recording
- #15: निर्विचार अनुभव ही सनातन हो सकता है 67
- #16: जीवन एक समग्रता है 51min
- #17: सफलता नहीं—सुफलता 46min
- #18: नये परिवार का आधार : विवाह नहीं, प्रेम 69min
- sound dropouts
It needs to be researched what is what.