Talk:The Zen Manifesto ~ 01
why would anyone in their right mind buy the audio from osho.com if they can get it free at oshoworld? --Rudra 10:13, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
E.g. because about 20% of the OW audio is horribly bad quality, and many more are not optimal. (Antar has been working for a month to find out, and right now I have been working already for two weeks to try to minimize the damage.) --Sugit (talk) 12:36, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
ah yers, did not think of that. should we add invisible tags showing where the (good) audio & video comes from?--Rudra 13:12, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
We have all that noted down in our spreadsheet, with detailed source codes. What could be interesting for a potential downloader is what are those 20%. That info is available, but it gets very nerdy, and very ephemeral then, our collection changes regularly. --Sugit (talk) 13:57, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
true--Rudra 15:44, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
Here is a list of things to remember when doing the manual part of the synopsis in event-pages:
- Use sentence-case, so not the all UPPERCASE of the CD-ROM
- For all sannyas names (also from CD-ROM info), add link brackets: [[ ]].
- For each event mentioned on the CD-ROM, if there is a note about e.g. the interviewer/news organization, that has already been added automatically.
- For interviews, check with Media.xls column "Interviewers ..." if additional info has been mentioned in the recording. Especially see yellow highlighted cells.
- Directly above the question/sutra, mention the question number, like this:
- Question 2
- When it is known who has asked the question, this is often indicated by Osho directly in his reply. State like this:
- Question 1 from Ma Prem Zareen . . . (example from YAAHOO21)
- When missing questions on CD-ROM, be noted like: "Note that questions 10 and 11 are missing on the CD-ROM."
- After the questions/sutras give a source-note, like this:
- (Questions and sutras quoted from Osho Books on CD-ROM, ver 1.01.)
- The check after filling by text: search "i " and "i'" (in order to correct this word - common mistake).
Question: in the case of interviews, sometimes there are many many short questions. This will not look nice if we do those in the same way. How will we handle those? --Sugit (talk) 13:41, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
There are can be many missing questions (incompleted text of interviews on CD-ROM), like LAST416: missing Q6-12 (15,5 min of audio) after ~17min 6sec. How about them? (the completed list of found missing text and question can be found in point 7 of tab ToDo 1 in file Media.xls
I would say at first, in synopsis, just mention the questions from the CD-ROM. At the same time, note the missing parts in a separate list. Then if we are ready with (a first version of) that list, then we think of a way how to present that info. --Sugit (talk) 13:41, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
The notes on process of adding of synopsis:
1) removed first salutation from a reader of sutras, i.e. synopsis only has sutras themself. (Questions left as they are with salutation.)
2) corrected CD's typos, quotation marks and restored word and paragraphs gaps. Except these - no any changes of text from CD-ROM.--DhyanAntar 15:44, 28 February 2019 (UTC)
Just for history or investigations/research, etc. i should say the following about designation of questions: questions shown in synopsis if they are being read by one person (either persons - if they are sannyasins, interviewers and other persons - but not Osho himself; or Osho himself) during one event. This is worth to say because sometimes a sannyasin read questions and Osho himself read another questions when he is answering, the good example - YAA HOO The Mystic Rose series (ch. 3, 7-10, 12, 14...).--DhyanAntar 07:12, 18 May 2019 (UTC)