Talk:Yuvak Aur Yaun (युवक और यौन)
|book editions||Osho.com library (*2),
|Oshoganga||other books||dates & places|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 01||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur #6||1. यौन ः जीवन का ऊर्जा-आयाम||Diamond editions, 2. यौन : जीवन का ऊर्जा-आयाम||
||Chal Hansa Us Des (चल हंसा उस देस), ch.6
|date unknown, Bombay (source of place: Khajana collection)|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 02||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur #7
first sentence incomplete
|2. युवक और यौन||
||2. युवक और यौन||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur ch.24-26. युवक और यौन (*4)||date unknown, Baroda University, Baroda (now Vadodara) (GJ) (source of place: 1972ed.)|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 03||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur #8||3. प्रेम और विवाह||3. प्रेम और विवाह||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur ch.27-30. प्रेम ओर विवाह (*4)||
||1970 -- 1971 ?, Bombay (source of place: Khajana collection)|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 04||
||4. जनसंख्या विस्फोट
first sentence incomplete and missing much text in the end (~2,5 questions)
|4. जनसंख्या विस्फोट||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur ch.31-36. जनसंख्या विस्फोट (*4)||
||<1971, Jabalpur (source of place: Jansankhya Visphot booklet)|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 05||Diamond editions, 5. विद्रोह क्या है||5. विद्रोह क्या है||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur 10. विद्रोह क्या है||Vidroh Kya Hai? (विद्रोह क्या है?), 1972, 1973ed. (*5)||31 Mar 1970, 16:00, Jabalpur University, Jabalpur (*6)|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 06||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur #10 (*1)||5. युवक कौन||Diamond editions, 3. युवक कौन||6. युवक कौन||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur 11. युवक कौन||Yuvak Kaun? (युवक कौन?), year ≤1970.03 (*5)||date unknown, Baroda (now Vadodara) (source place: Khajana collection)|
|Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 07||Nanak Dukhya Sab Sansar #2||6. युवा चित्त का जन्म||Diamond editions, 4. युवा चित्त का जन्म||7. युवा चित्त का जन्म||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur 12. युवा चित्त का जन्म
Ahmedabad, 20 Aug 1969 pm
|20 Aug 1969 pm, Ahmedabad (*7)|
|Nari Aur Kranti (4 talks) ~ 03||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur #11 (*1)||7. नारी और क्रांति||8. नारी और क्रांति||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur 13. नारी और क्रांति||
||1969?**, Patkar Hall, Bombay (source of place: single-chapter booklet Nari Aur Kranti)|
|Nari Aur Kranti (4 talks) ~ 04||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur #12 (*1)||8. नारी--एक और आयाम||9. नारी--एक और आयाम||Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Aur 14. नारी एक और आयाम
M.S. College, Baroda, 16 Aug 1969
|Nari Aur Kranti (नारी और क्रान्ति) (4 talks), 2003ed., ch.4||16 Aug 1969 om**, M.S. College, Baroda (now Vadodara) (*8)|
- The Khajana collection has original or at least early intros for audios.
- See Talk:Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Or (संभोग से समाधि की ओर) for a complete picture of these media.
- (*1) The present OW audios #10, 11 and 12 audios were in OW's older offering of low-quality mp3s called #11, #13 and 14 respectively (numbers #10 and #12 were missing). Often the numbering of those LQ audios has proved meaningful.
- (*2) Osho.com library has the same text and chapters as Shailendra's PDF, but first chapter presented there only under title Yuvak Aur Yaun ch.1 while it presented in Shailendra's collection in 3 different books/PDFs.
- (*3) These sources have incomplete text of the event: it is q.2-4 (of 5) of the event, i.e. middle part.
- (*4) On Oshoganga these events divided on a few chapters each and each chapter has the same title for one event. Only exception is title for ch.31 "जनसंख्या का विस्फोट", but in the end of the chapter it is the same as other titles ("जनसंख्या विस्फोट"), so it is not perfection only.
- (*5) This is actually the one-chapter booklet where this discourse was first published. We have not used it for the eventName, as it would lead to many one-event series. Instead, the naming of the Osho.com library has been used.
- (*6) About the date see Talk:Vidroh Kya Hai? (विद्रोह क्या है?).
- (*7) Date/place confirmed by 1980ed. of Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Or (संभोग से समाधि की ओर).
- (*8) Source of date/place is Oshoganga and date confirmed by Hindi series of talks with dates (source document) (there is as "Sex Differences"). It also confirmed by 1978ed. of Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Or (संभोग से समाधि की ओर). Time afternoon ("om") based on the fact that other two talks occupied morning and evening time on this date.
Lots of things to discuss here. First, the transliteration(s): Actually, it's not complicated. On the covers and in the Hindi text, it's always यौन, which "should" transliterate as Yaun, but this is done in very few places, so few that i have adopted the majority version, Yon. Searching for Yaun does not find Yon either, nor v v. Best search term to find it all is simply "Yuvak Aur." Note the correct transliteration in "Aur." Well, whatever. Yawn?
Related to this in an odd way is the almost alt-title, Yuvak Aur Seks, sometimes Yuvak Aur Sex, where the Devanagari would be सेक्स, if it were actually used, which is not known. But the title has been thus rendered in some accounts. Perhaps half-transliteration, half-translation. The ≤1965 and the 1974 editions have been represented in this way, according to Neeten's Osho Source Book (Bibliography section).
Then there is a consideration of the four constituent parts of Sambhog, of which Yuvak is one, at Talk:Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Or (संभोग से समाधि की ओर). One related matter that came to light while looking at Yuvak was the nine-chapter manifestation. In fact, osho.com even has an audiobook offering nominally for Yuvak of nine audios. As it happens, these correspond (sort of) to the middle nine chapters of Sambhog, which as we can see are the shuffled-together chapters of Yuvak and Nari Aur Kranti (नारी और क्रान्ति) (4 talks). And the 2013 OMI edition of Sambhog divides the eighteen chapters into three sections, the middle one being these nine chapters and called युवक और यौन.
These are the five chapters of the stand-alone Yuvak:
- 1. युवक और यौन
- 2. यौन: जीवन का ऊर्जा-आयाम
- 3. युवक कौन
- 4. युवा चित्त का जन्म
- 5. विद्रोह क्या है
Three of these chapter titles have appeared alone in other contexts. One of course is Yuvak Aur Yon itself (ch.1), another Yuvak Kaun? (युवक कौन?) (ch.3) and a third Vidroh Kya Hai? (विद्रोह क्या है?) (ch.5). It is not unlikely that all three appeared first as separate single-discourse booklets before being amalgamated into the five-chapter Yuvak. -- doofus-9 (talk) 00:01, 25 September 2014 (PDT)
TOC from Shailendra's ebook:
- 1. यौन : जीवन का ऊर्जा-आयाम
- 2. युवक और यौन
- 3. प्रेम और विवाह
- 4. जनसंख्या विस्फोट
- 5. विद्रोह क्या है
- 6. युवक कौन
- 7. युवा चित्त का जन्म
- 8. नारी और क्रांति
- 9. नारी--एक और आयाम
Shailendra states that that book (Yuvak Aur Yaun) is part of Sambhog Se Samadhi Ki Or (संभोग से समाधि की ओर) - ch.6 - ch.14. Tenth chapter mentioned as no audio. --DhyanAntar 08:21, 26 August 2018 (UTC)
About "Yuvak Aur Yaun" (i.e. chapter 1), the Osho Source Book says: "- Yuvak Aur Yaun. 19.02.1969. Bombay University."
It seems clear that this is related to the mention in T.R.E.M.O.: "Feb 16 Bombay U, "Students and Sex".
So at least this has a narrow date-range now. --Sugit (talk) 09:29, 8 September 2018 (UTC)
Exact place and date of first event removed as Neeten's date and quote of Bhed do not match. They are different talks. Gyan Bhed gives following info that during 16-22 Feb Osho gave 3 talks in Bombay (first of them on 16 Feb at Bombay University - "Students and Sex", then two in other places), Poona, Nasik, Nagpur, Jabalpur (in Jabalpur he was a few days), then on 23 Feb he went off for Junagadh. I think Osho stayed in Bombay on next day for talk in a hospital (see Osho Timeline 1969). I do not see where to insert this 19th Feb talk mentioned of Neeten.--updated.--10:45, 8 July 2020 (UTC). DhyanAntar 09:57, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
Although title of ch.4 of Diamond ed. (Yuvak Aur Yaun ~ 07) matches to Naye Manushya Ka Dharm ~ 05, they are different events, which confirmed their audios.--DhyanAntar 11:51, 8 July 2020 (UTC)