Tao Upanishad Bhag 2 ~ 08
ताओ उपनिषद, भाग दो ~ 08
|date & time||13 Apr 1972 pm|
|location||Patkar Hall, Bombay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 17min. Quality: good (under revision).|
|online text||find a PDF transcript of this event|
- The sutra
- "Favour and disgrace cause one dismay,
- What we value and what we fear are as if within the self."
- What is meant by speaking thus of favour and disgrace?
- Disgrace is being in a low position (after the enjoyment of favour).
- The getting (of a favour) leads to the apprehension of losing it,
- And the losing of it leads to the fear of still greater calamity.
- This is what is meant by saying that favour and disgrace cause one dismay.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|