The Buddha The Emptiness of the Heart ~ 07
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|discourse & meditation
|date & time
|14 Sep 1988 pm
|Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune
|Available, duration 1h 28min. Quality: good.
Osho leading meditation from 1:18:07.
Live music after the discourse.
|Available, duration 1h 37min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Shoitsu said to Chizen:
- In the school of the ancestral teachers, we point directly to the human mind. Verbal explanations and illustrative devices actually miss the point.
- Not falling into seeing and hearing, not following sound or form, acting freely in the phenomenal world, sitting and lying in the heap of myriad forms, not involved with phenomena in breathing out, not bound to the clusters and elements of existence in breathing in, the whole world is the gate of liberation. All worlds are true reality.
- A universal master knows what it comes to, the moment it is raised. How will beginners and latecomers come to grips with it?
- If you don't get it yet, for the time being we open up a pathway in the gateway of the secondary truth. Speak out where there is nothing to say; manifest form in the midst of formlessness.
- During your daily activities responding to circumstances in the realm of distinctions, don't think of getting rid of anything. Don't understand it as a hidden marvel -- with no road of reason, no flavor, day and night, forgetting sleep and food, keep those sayings in mind.
- If you still don't get it, we go on to speak of the tertiary, expounding mind and nature, speaking of mystery and marvel. One atom contains the cosmos, one thought pervades everywhere. Thus an ancient said:
- "Infinite lands and worlds with no distinctions between self and others, ten ages past and present are never apart from this moment of thought."
- Question 1
- Our Beloved Master, when we function from the periphery, when we function out of unawareness, it seems that our energy gets caught up somehow and so our maximum energy is not available. Is it true that when we function from our emptiness, we could have access to unlimited energy?
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►